Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its my understanding that the new proline protrac system wont let you use the proline split six beadlock rims,due to the off set of the rims ,you have to use the rims that comes with the protrac kit which means you have to go back to glueing tires.i may be wrong in my thinking but isnt that going backwords in performace? the idea of the beadlock rims was to make tire changes alot less hassel free and time consumming.so instead of just changing tires you now will need more then one set of the new front and rear rims to make a tire change at the track,just like the old days.to me that seems like taking a step backwords and more money to spend. just my opinion

·
Registered
248 Posts
no i am not this anal but what is the weight differnce between beadlocks and glued? i like the fact of being able to break down rims at the track. i have a set comming but don't have them yet. i am planning on moving my son onto a sc10 for stock, so i may take his stock slash and run it in mod and compare verses my sc10. i almost purchased this kit,but didnt. i am just curious how much it will help the average racer.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Waiting for my Slash to get here and I'm ordering a set. I think Proline will make a beadlock set for it if enough people write in to complain, so DO IT!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
the kit worked great.! my only big problem was that they sent me 1fr a-arm and 3 rear ones.BUT got it together a friend had two kits. pro-line would ship it over night but its in the mail.had alot of tracktion and a hole lot of steering.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
had one part brake on it .
to nobodies fault but mine a marshel fell on it.
shouldn't have crashed ![/ QUOTE]

Haha that's pretty sad that a marshall fell on it. People can't marshall good shouldn't even try it. Last sunday a sc truck flipped over and the corner marshall was standing in the corner looking at the ceiling with eyes closed and it cost the racer the race! :( poor guy

·
Registered
337 Posts
had one part brake on it .
to nobodies fault but mine a marshel fell on it.
shouldn't have crashed ![/ QUOTE]

Haha that's pretty sad that a marshall fell on it. People can't marshall good shouldn't even try it. Last sunday a sc truck flipped over and the corner marshall was standing in the corner looking at the ceiling with eyes closed and it cost the racer the race! :( poor guy
I was marshaling the race that J Blaze broke in. That heat was total chaos, about 4 trucks tangled up in the quad section, and the marshal in question tripped on the lane marker. Herding cats would have been easier than marshaling that heat.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
it wasn't the marshels fault.I only old me responsable for crashing I shouldn't have changed so much sh!t before a race like that one and driving pissed that I Q so low I'm better than that!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts