Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking to put some realism into my SK and supermodified Projects.
OK so really passionate about open wheel racing.
looking for
side brush bars
Motor headers
front bumpers.
Roll cages
Have to add wieght to my Sk any ways so the wieght will not hurt.
So any suggestions and sources for parts and hardware.
Cheers Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Use a touring car wing, and could you cut down to fit a cage for a Custom works sprint car? look at the web site stores that sell accesories for rock crawlers, they might have headers for ya.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hood scoops

Thanks guys also looking for hood scoops for motor side as well.
Cheers Dan

·
Registered
503 Posts
Have you checked out the drc-engineering website Dale has pics of his super he made:thumbsup: drc-engineering.com is the site take a look and give him a shout

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Yeah, MRP was the one that had the Supermodified years ago. We ran them bodies on RC10 oval cars - on dirt...LOL...

Also, that pic of Bodine's #99...is not an SK car, as the SK's came about around the early '80s at Stafford. That pic is from about the early '70s, maybe 10 years before the SK's. As far as I know, no one is making vintage open-wheel Modified bodies; MRP (again) used to have a Pinto. The (current) real SK's bodies are the same as the Whelen big-blocks; the motors and weights are limited more in the SK's than they are in the Whelen touring series.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
bb

Ok here is a modified photo. Want to make nerf and brush bars like this .
they used to make them on big boys toys years ago for sprinters.
Got Dale's photo really nice especially the wing setup. His stuff is first class.
have his DRC warrior. Awesome car.
Dan

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
dan, i dont know how you would mount that to the car being it is mounted on the bottom and towards the top of the body. you would have to slot the body to get it on and off and come up with a mount or post that the upper part of the nerf bar would attach to. seems to me to complicated and a headache but thats my idea and dont know of any other way of doing it.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
If all else fails you could use the brass or aluminum tubing from the hobby shops to make them. It would be very time consuming and probably very easily damaged, but it sure would look cool!

Keep us posted on the progress.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Dan,You could use the correct size brake line to make the nerfs.I'm gonna say probably 1/4" in. would work.Plus it can be bent pretty easy without creasing/crushing.HTH.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
brake lining

Great ideas
Wish i had access to a brazing torch could do some fabrication work.
Any ideas on hood scoops.
Thanks Dan

·
Registered
382 Posts
Many years back a gentleman out of Denver Colorado was building a super modified kit that used 10th scale pan car parts. Don't know if he is still doing them but Brent Redlin was his name. I believe he has a company called Up Front Designs.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
You mean this Super?? Brent used to have Pro Parts RC,If they were made today,they'd probably sell very well.........

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
" UPDATE" Pattern formed

Hey
Been working on pattern and have it mocked up on chassis.
Photo's are on my profile . To big to put here.
Got Losi headers coming! Will start to cut lexan soon.
Chassis is all set. really enjoying this!!!! Even if i don't get to race anyone.it still look cool and be FAASSTT thru corners.
Still need some hood scoops.
Any got any old sprint or EDM AND F-1,s collecting dust. Can cut out parts from each of them.
Cheers Dan

1 - 20 of 21 Posts