Hobbyist Forums banner
21 - 40 of 382 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I can't believe how damn colourful that it. The great thing is that it also looks very white too. Perfect representation of TMP Enterprise.

What is the paint like through your air brush? Any problems?
I ask because I'd love to try those paints out on the coming 1/1000 Enterprise. It will be weird, I always use Tamiya paints..
Thank You kindly sir!

The paint is very smooth out of the airbrush at about 25-30 psi. Thinned it looks even smoother so make sure to get you some of the polytranspar thinner especially when working on the 1/1000 Refit.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Ahh that looks superb!

But don't you get fed up with building all these?

My skill base is not as high as yours but I was asked to build some titanic models for a traverling museum and all the joy went out of building!:eek:

steve

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Port side engineering

Studio model/replica comparison

Strongback close up(Note the almost bluish appearance in certain light conditions)

Reflection on the lower part of the hull

Off color display

·
Registered
632 Posts
WOW! Again... WOW! Your engineering green areas are perfect. So many folks seem to make it too dark with a lot of contrast. But, yours is perfectly subtle.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Thanks a bunch guys!

I did some mod work on the sensor dome. The kit part was a bit off. It seems some of the detail was soft in areas where it should've been sharp and sharp in places where it should've been soft. That always bothered me because the sensor dome is IMO one of the most elegant parts of the Refit Enterprise. Here's the mod work so far.

Studio model dome

New part next to kit part

Kit part

New part

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Hehe thanks, it's always fun working on a Refit!:dude:

Completed new sensor dome

Minor engine mods,
The forward intakes were slightly reshaped and those bars at the sides were extended.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks amazing!

You should make some cast off that new sensor dome. It would be nice to a have an accurate after market part available. ;)

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Y'know, I really enjoy Trek...love building models too, but looking at the work you've done makes me realize my trying to replicate it would be an excersize in futility.

But that's not stopping me from thoroughly enjoying this thread! Incredible work!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Warp nacelles and pylons are done for the most part. Man these things were way harder to aztek than the secondary hull was!

Still in process shot

Continued on next post...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wow.... that's something else! Color me lazy, but I painted mine white then airbrushed some thinned down pearlescent finger nail polish. I bought Acreation decals and put those on the polish, darn near the same effect. If I can get photogbucket to co-operate I will do pics. Now I wish I had been patient with the painting after seeing this.

21 - 40 of 382 Posts