Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help please with regard to 1/43rd models , I am trying to find out which were the last new castings introduced in this range that were made in Italy .

What was the last UK / English Catalogue that featured those castings

Thank you in anticipation - historicpete

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Help please with regard to 1/43rd models , I am trying to find out which were the last new castings introduced in this range that were made in Italy .

What was the last UK / English Catalogue that featured those castings

Thank you in anticipation - historicpete
I have several Bburago Alfas in 1/32. Got two 3 years ago. I assumed they were still made in Italy. have not seen a catalog in many years.

Have you seen hobbyDB? Bburago | hobbyDB says they they stopped production in Italy around 2007.
wiki says the same thing... Bburago - Wikipedia

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a 2002 Int'l catalog on ebay now - might be one of the last ones???
Many thanks for all the help so far and the mention of the above , I am awaiting via ebay a magazine the diecast collector , for Oct 2007 which I am told has an article in it about the return of Burago I am told which may be of some help , it chimes with the earlier advice that there would have been a lot of old stock around after 2005 , not sure when Bburago issued their catalogues to the trade etc , so it could be 2005 being the last one . At the moment I am building a spreadsheet of the information I have in my various Bburago catalogues , last of which was the small 2003 edition which gives a list only of the 1/43rd , but does include information on 3 new 1/43rd kits and a list of all the 1/43rd kits , I never knew so many of those kits were on offer . I will be back when I have some information to throw open

Keep safe and thank you Historicpete

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks for all the help so far and the mention of the above , I am awaiting via ebay a magazine the diecast collector , for Oct 2007 which I am told has an article in it about the return of Burago I am told which may be of some help , it chimes with the earlier advice that there would have been a lot of old stock around after 2005 , not sure when Bburago issued their catalogues to the trade etc , so it could be 2005 being the last one . At the moment I am building a spreadsheet of the information I have in my various Bburago catalogues , last of which was the small 2003 edition which gives a list only of the 1/43rd , but does include information on 3 new 1/43rd kits and a list of all the 1/43rd kits , I never knew so many of those kits were on offer . I will be back when I have some information to throw open

Keep safe and thank you Historicpete
Bburago 1/43rd Models made Italy -post continued – It has been interesting going through my catalogues and reading the article in the Diecast Collector October 2007. It seems the Bburago range made in China was relaunched at the February 2007 toy fair and so the first catalogue for the made in China range was 2007. According to information Milton Fox Racing posted on this site the Bankruptcy of Bburago was in October 2005 and so my conclusion is that no catalogue was issued for the year 2006. On looking at the EBay site there are catalogues on offer for 2005 in Italy but I will wait for a one to appear in the UK The smaller pocket catalogues do not always carry images of the 1/43rd range but when they do new models / recolours are identified . The larger size catalogues I have do show images. What I did pick up on was in the 1988 catalogue what seems to be an even cheaper range of the 1/43rd models was displayed that seem to be packed in a smaller box with decals restricted to the bonnet and roof (no side decals) I never realized either they made so many 1/43rd kits. More information will follow and I will be asking for help on images shown in catalogue that I do not have, so please search out catalogues you may have in your collection when I come back with a list of those I am missing –enjoy your hobbies & keep safe historicpete

·
Registered
All sorts
867 Posts
A 2006 "Catalogue" was issued, but it was only a sheet with 1/18 Maistos and their Hong Kong address.

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Was this a stopgap while they were setting up production in China?
If yes, then the last catalogue "Made in Italy" must be the 2005 one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bburago 1/43rd update – Thanks everyone for the input and help, I have made quite a lot of progress, yes 2005 would seem to be the last catalogue year for those models made in Italy, in my quest I have discovered a wonderful reference website packed full of information on this 1/43rd range, which gives the production/issue years each casting and colour finish, plus even the paint codes which explains why I have identical Ferrari`s but a different shades. Among my next quest will to try and look for images of the real cars that inspired the decals/finishes of certain models such as the LAMBORGHINI COUNTACH 400 S № 76
The address of the site for those interested is Bburago.info: Katalog modelů v měřítku 1:43

It has been suggested to me that various subtle changes in decals on toys, or the absence of some of them are to avoid copyright problems

Keep safe all and enjoy your hobbies

·
Administrator
37,347 Posts
Yes that is true that copyright issues were solved by subtle changes in paint and decals back then. Most of them would not be allowed by the army of branding and image lawyers most big corporations employ today.

One of the other reasons, I postulate is that different marketers and distributors over the years or country they were located in requested livery or body color changes for themselves in their production orders to fit their home marketsl

Another is that the manufacture changed them each year in order to sell a 'new item' painted or tampoed on the same casting design! Sometimes that may have or not also included a wheel set design change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts