Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
www.tsdsinc.com
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT: New Jupiter 2 products From TSDS! Decals , Lights, Launchpad!

UPDATED 02/25/2009!

ALL NEW! FROM TSDS: JUPITER 2 PRODUCTS FOR THE MOEBIUS MODEL KIT!

Hi folks! Available NOW from www.tsdsinc.com:

JUPITER TWO – THE ULTIMATE DECAL/VINYL UPGRADE KIT
The ULTIMATE Water slide decal/vinyl upgrade kit (similar to the ones I did for the Polar Lights kit). It includes a beige vinyl peel ‘n stick center circle, matching wall panels and a blue transparent peel 'n stick vinyl for the clear walls behind the cryo-tubes. This premium detail kit includes decals for all controls, panel facings, etc. As with my decals in the past, all you really need to do is apply a base coat of paint on the parts, and then rather than have to paint all the tiny details, you’ll be able to slide these decals on instead. The kit includes 3 (that’s right – THREE!) sheets of decals, plus the vinyl floor sticker, wall panels and the blue transparent vinyl wall applications! Also included is a “space pod” decal that will show the pod through the pod airlock viewport! You only have to stick in a piece of sheet plastic to apply it to, and throw a little light behind the door. It will create a very cool 3-D effect visible all the way from the main front viewport! This premium decal / detail set is available now for $29.99

JUPITER TWO – LAUNCH PAD MODEL KIT
For those that have that extra bit of shelf space, I’ve scaled up my Launch Pad model kit from the Polar Lights design. As before, it is easy to assemble. It is made mostly from machine cut plastic along with some odd strips of styrene (trim to length). The kit also includes solid resin base pieces and, for that extra bit of realism, decals are included to simulate rivets, warning signs (radiation, danger: steps, stuff like that), the Alpha Control logo, and more. Available now for $109.99

And… back in stock the first week of May…

THE ULTIMATE JUPITER 2 FUSION CORE / DOME LIGHTING SYSTEM!
PLUG and PLAY! NO WIRING, NO SOLDERING, FITS RIGHT IN! VERY EASY TO INSTALL!
Featuring 3 speeds (slow / medium / fast) and consisting of 40 LED’s, and 9V battery operated! Quite a bit of time was spent engineering this lighting kit – to make it perfect and worthy of this exceptional model kit. It has a hole in the center of the dome light so you can still use the sensor that comes with the kit. There is plenty of cable allowing you to remove the upper hull and set it aside the model, and it includes a quick-disconnect that will allow you to actually sever the connection if you need to. The power switch is a very tiny on/off swich, and some momentary buttons that allow you to switch between speed modes. It has been officially licensed and approved. Taking pre-orders now for $89.99.

Check out the following video to see it in action!:

http://www.tsdsinc.com/images/TSDS_J2_CORE.AVI

Thanks for looking!

--Henry

Attachments

·
www.tsdsinc.com
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know I am in for a set of decals and the fusion core Henry. I love the way the decals made my original pl J2 look.
Thanks for the compliment! These were a bit harder to make as the Moebius kit detail is MUCH better and not as "soft" as the details in the PL kit was.

This Moebius kit is simply amazing.

--Henry

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Wow thanks for the preview! I was thinking of getting another brand of decals (I can get them wholesale) but these look really good and I liked the two other sets of TSDS sheets I have used VERY much. I gotta get the core too...

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
I can see the OUTSTANDING quality in the pictures & I know the pictures don't do them justice. way to go Henry !! what a great time to be a modeler !!!!!!!!

·
www.tsdsinc.com
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can see the OUTSTANDING quality in the pictures & I know the pictures don't do them justice. way to go Henry !! what a great time to be a modeler !!!!!!!!
Thank you Bert -- I agree -- what a great time to be building models! And right before Christmas, too!

--Henry

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
When I used the TSDS decals on my small Seaview, they conformed over the raised hatches and missile doors VERY nicely using Solvaset.

·
www.tsdsinc.com
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I used the TSDS decals on my small Seaview, they conformed over the raised hatches and missile doors VERY nicely using Solvaset.
Yes -- solvaset works wonders on a lot of raised details, but the taller the details, the less you can get them to snug down. I usually just take a small file and lob off the very top part on the parts that are really well defined. Gives a nice 3-D look that way, too!

--H

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I think I would work with one part at a time, and slice things off like big buttons. Apply the decals, then fix the buttons back using a little white glue. Best of both worlds. Although when viewed through the windows, any lack of 3 D will not be readily noticable.

I hope the interior detailing and panels arent all skewed like the Space Pod. Everything in there slopes and is elongated so circular dials are oval shaped.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow, love the light kit.
Man this kit and the goodies to go with it cannot get out soon enough.
Glad I bought two, one for out of the box build and one with all the bells and whistles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow...everything I need to make my J-2 ahighly prized model. I'm assuming the lights will cost more than the model. But I think it's money well spent.

What is the best thing to use on the decals so that they lay well over raised areas and wont yellow with age?

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
What is the best thing to use on the decals so that they lay well over raised areas and wont yellow with age?

Thanks,
Gary
I have used a couple of the TSDS decal sets and they work well. I had the BEST results with Solvaset. Solvaset is one of the strongest decal sets/solvents on the market. Its made by Walther's (trains) and is a one process liquid, versus two step products like Micro Set/Sol. The TSDS decals are tough and Solvaset won't "hurt" them when used according to directions. I had good luck also with Micro Set/Sol, although it took several applications sometimes. Gunze Mr. Mark Setter and Mister Mark Softener also work well. I would not waste my time or money on the Testors Decal Set/Solvent. It does not work.

Yellowing is a different factor. Modern decals don't seem to yellow as much as old ones, partly because its the varnish on the decals that yellows. Many clear top coats can yellow over time so be careful. They should all be applied thinly and evenly. It seems sometimes if you blob it on heavy it will yellow in the heavy areas. Yellowing is usually most obvious too on light colors. I rarely clear coat a white model, for example!

·
www.tsdsinc.com
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
looking good henry, you have any idea in inches the saucer will sit above a shelf on the gantry?
Good question! I'll have to measure. At a rough guess, to the top of the landing gear "legs" from shelf surface is about 9" if I recall. Then add 3/4" for a base piece at the bottom. That takes you about to mid-seam line on the J2. I guess add about another 5 inches... All in all, I'd guess about 14" total height (not sure if I'm including the dome, either!), but I'll measure it when I get the time.

--Henry

1 - 20 of 100 Posts