Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having HUGE problems getting on the Hobby Talk site from my home network. It worked just fine until they had a huge crash at the end of last week, but since the I can't get on.

Anyone else having a problem getting on from Mediacomm?

·
BANNED
8,208 Posts
what browser are you using?
I use FireFox.
maybe try a different browser?
Google Chrome ...
Safari ....
Opera ...
are a few to choose from.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Is it just HobbyTalk that you cannot reach? If that is the case try resetting your cookies and cached passwords in your browser and trying again. You will have to log back into HobbyTalk.

If you are having trouble getting to any web site then it is either a problem with your home network configuration or your ISP is still having a problem.

On your network side try resetting both your cable modem and your router. Power both of them down (if they are separate units) for a few seconds then power up the cable modem and then the router. Some cable based ISPs combine both the modem and router functions in a single box. In fact, if you have a cable box that has a built-in router and you also have a separate router, for example a router that has a wireless access point (WIFI), you can run into some configuration issues if both devices are on the same network at the same time. These issues can be fixed with proper configuration settings.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use Firefox - I might try that.

I tried some things last night and it did not work. Thank you for more options AfxToo.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has something to do with Mediacomm!!!! I can use the same computer at work and it is fine, but take it home when on Mediacomm and I can't log on. Time to make a call and bitch!!!!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
they may have change your dns server

if you have access from work, you should be able to do the same from home:
from a dos window(click start, then run, then type cmd in the run box) you need to do the following
C:\Users\mking>ping hobbytalk.com

Pinging hobbytalk.com [50.57.1.40] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 50.57.1.40: bytes=32 time=58ms TTL=53
Reply from 50.57.1.40: bytes=32 time=57ms TTL=53

If you do this from home , 1st just ping 50.57.1.40 and see if u get a reply. if you do
then
type ping hobbytalk.com
and do not get
Pinging hobbytalk.com [50.57.1.40] with 32 bytes of data
then the issue is that the board name is not resolving to the IP address.
and that is what your ISP needs to fix

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Also you can try just typing this in the address bar of your browser at home:

If hobbytalk comes up then what SloKing said is right but you will be able to get on HT from home until your ISP gets it resolved.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am actually able to get on tonight - so my phone call bitching actually worked....lol

Thank you EVERYONE for your assistance!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts