Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Wheel Horse 82-08BP01 riding mower.
Lately the engine has started surging. Gets so bad that it keeps wanting to die out.
It will run ok (still surges, but will keep running) until I engage the mower deck. Then it just wants to die.

When it started, I looked over the carb and noticed that the spring on the throtle cable had broken. I replaced that, but it didn't solve the problem.
Next, I pulled the bowl off and cleaned everything out.
Helped for a little bit, then the problem started again. In other words, I finished mowing my yard no problem, but when I went to mow the next time, the problem had re-surfaced.
When I first start it, it runs fine, but as I am going around the yard, the problem starts again. Seems to happen when I get into one of the hilly areas of my yard. (not steep, but noticably not level). As soon as the front of the mower dips down a bit, the problem surfaces, and won't go away unless I let it sit for about an hour or so.

Any idea what the problem might be?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think you have a dirty carb. Take the carb off and apart and clean it using carb cleaning solution. I think that will solve your problem

·
Registered
98 Posts
TAY666
One thing to check out is the float level in the carb, if it is set too low or sticking at a low spot, then when you get to an angle, it may deplete the fuel coming into the carb.
Plus check or replace the fuel line in case it is possibly collapsing causing the restricted flow.

snoman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts