Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently brought Item in U.K. the bastard changed his mind and doesnt want to sell even after he had payment which he returned. now I understand you have to sell to higest bidder, getting E-Bay to act is about as much fun as extracting teeth. I am going to sue the scum bag so am I right in my belief that he cant refuse to sell on completed auction. Anyone know the answer as internet law can be different.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not sure legally. He probably did not get what he was expecting to get out of it. I know bidders retract their bids and get away with it. Ebay requires you have a reason to do so. Basically, ebay will give him a little slap on the hand and maybe a negative post. I think that is about all you'll get. At least you got your money back and did not get scammed totally. (See post left in hobby talk diecast section! This guy got scammed!) I think the post read something like, 'LOOKING FOR HONEST PERSON WITH PAYPAL ACCOUNT". Just be forttunate you were not the guy who agreed to that!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply, spoke to a person in auction business and legally he cant cop out. But was told pointless suing the scum as he would just go to court tell a pack of lies saying that it wasn't what he thought it was etc etc as to why he wouldn't sell. Times like this you find out how crap E-bay are at investigating, they almost encourage the fraud, as for payments always get the persons address you are sending money to esp when paying by pay pal, use the county court only costs £30 to pursue these rip off merchants and then you can always go up to see them and encourage them to refund your money. Strangely I feel a trip coming on to the area that scum seller lives, but thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts