Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 328 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just letting everyone know about the new Carpet Oval in Belleville Ontario Canada. Track is flat ozite carpet built on a wood sub floor. We race Saturday afternoon's at 4:00 pm. Doors open at 10:00 the street address is 130 Adam Street. Feel free to post any questions you may have.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The Best track in the Northeast buy far

I just got done racing there last night, and I can say this is one of the best tracks I have raced at in a long time, and I have been to a lot of R/C tracks.
This track is super smooth and super fast, Snowbird style Layout, beside all of that you can race against 2005 4cell stock Snowbird champion Steve peake, which we battled it out for 4 rounds swaping paint and position's all night long and in the end Steve came out on top buy a tenth of a second.
The track is just getting started so this thread should get the word out there.
This is MY new home track thanks to the FoamDonut :thumbsup:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mitch it was a pleasure running so close with you last night. You said we traded paint I don't recall us even touching. Running that close and still taking 2 and a half seconds off the track record. 73 in 5:00.099 glad you and Rusty could make it and you guys are welcome anytime

·
AKA Rusty NutZ
1,138 Posts
well i dont think you and mitch traded paint but i unfortunately trader paint with mitch. lol. this is one hell of a track. one of the best i have ever been on. good warm-up for the snowbirds. the track does not have its own transponder set but they do rent out personal transponders. here is a map to the track

http://forum.proadvantagepaintball.com/viewtopic.php?t=75

if there arent many racers, we can always go into the next room and play some paintball. or do it after the racings done

Rusty NutZ

·
AKA Rusty NutZ
1,138 Posts
oh and steve, next time we go up, turn the heat up a couple hours before hand lol. and will try and bring a camera with me and take spme pics of the track.

Rusty NutZ

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the kind words.Jamie and Rob at Pro Advantage wanted everything done right the first time. I really think it paid off. The track is smooth and fast thats for sure. We are currently in the planning stages for holding a big event to finish off the winter season.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Foam Donut what days do you guys usually run, would love to make it out there in a little bit. About how far is it from massena.
thanks
Scott Mere
Axiom Racing Motors

·
AKA Rusty NutZ
1,138 Posts
scott
they run on saturdays. doors open at 10, racing at 4
from massena its a good 2 1/2 hours but its really worth the drive. i think me and mitch are going to start going there more often. thats if there isnt a big race going on somewhere else. i think the next time we'll go there is after the snowbirds.

Rusty NutZ

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scott how have things been? We run oval on Saturdays doors open at 10 we start racing at 4 we are usually done around 8. Mitch said it took him 2 hours to get there last week. I don't think you would be disappointed if you come up. We only use personal transponders but they rent them out if you dont have your own. They have lots of pit area you need only to bring a chair and power bar for now. Bring up the gang would love to race with you guys again. This Saturday will be the last one I race till after the Snowbirds. So let me know when you are coming and I will try to get everyone out as well.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hi

One of my best friends lives there. May be you could convince me to come up!!!!!
What classes do you run? I have a 1/12 , and 1/10 scale. How big is your track ?
Cheers Dan :thumbsup:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Dan would love to have you come up. Right now the biggest class is 1/10th scale. There are a few of us who have 1/12ths that just run some packs between rounds, so if you want to run that as well we could do that. I have not wheeled the race line for distance but the straights are 48 feet apiece and if my math is some what right the distance around a 10 foot circle is close to 75 feet so I figure its about 170 foot runline. The 1/10th scales start at 3.9's and end at 4.1's 74 laps in 5 minutes. We run 4 cell stock for now as well.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Steve I am not sure if I can make this weekend because I might go to the Roar Regional's held at Maximus. I know we will be tradin more paint down at the Birds. :dude:

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Steve,your track sounds great,it's time for the big blue bus to make a road trip and surport our friends from the toronto area. see ya soon.

Dan Dubuque

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dan I am working on setting up a Sunday race after the snowbirds. That way you guys can still race your track. Why don't you figure out what Sunday works for you guys and we can plan it from there. Would like to see a lot of you guys here.

·
AKA Rusty NutZ
1,138 Posts
tommy
its about the same size as st roc but without the sweeping corners. its one of the best i have been to so far. highly recommend it to everyone.

Rusty NutZ

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Come on up Tommy trust me you won't be disappointed. I will wheel it this weekend and give you an accurate measurement of raceline.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They ran 1/18th scale rally cars this week on the roadcourse. I believe the fastest lap was 10.6 seconds. Thats pretty quick for one of those little cars. Saturday should see the track record fall again.

1 - 20 of 328 Posts