1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No poll this time!
Excited to announce a second PS style kit:

“The Iguanodon”

This monstrous kit, sculpted by Jeff Johnson, is over 12” high and has an awesome detailed all-terrain base and nameplate, just like the PS originals. 1/13 scale retro-model is designed to be displayed separately or work together with the other PS kits!
Scheduled for release late Spring, early Summer.
More info to come….

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
scotpens said:
Interesting concept art.

I never knew Van Gogh painted dinosaurs!
:tongue:

Jeff was playing around with it and sent pics of colored versions to me. I went with this one!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all,

The animal is about completed and it looks totally awesome!!!!! Definitely Aurora style! I know some of you are waiting for pics...be patient, they'll be here soon. As soon as he's finished with the Iggy, the base will be started to finish the project!

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Damn nice sculpt.

Want to make my day?
Do a sculpt of a All-State-Asaurus devouring one of the annoying Gieco Cavemen that I'm so sick of seeing.

But back on topic..Thanks for sharing this awsome work.
It Looks like good, fitting easy to build kit.
So easy... nah, nevermind.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Lloyd Collins said:
Awesome looking sculpt!

Jimmy, I hate to mess up your day, but a TV series this fall, will feature the Gieco Caveman.
Great! What's next, the Aflac Goose headed for the big screen? Well it can't be
worse than Howard the Duck.

But back to topic. I remember on the other scuplt you showed you gave a map
on how it inter locked with the existing kits. Can you do that here?

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Very nice detail on the base and the figure, very crisp. It would be good if the kit enabled the Iguanodon to stand on either four legs or two, four legs for walking and grazing, two for defending him/herself and stripping branches. Any chance this sculpt allows for that?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jimmy B said:
But back to topic. I remember on the other scuplt you showed you gave a map on how it inter locked with the existing kits. Can you do that here?
ABSOLUTELY!!! This was designed to feature the inter-locking bases and have others alternately fit next to him! I wanted a lot of stuff to go on this base but cooler heads prevailed! :freak: I'll offer the "extras" in another kit! ;)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cro-Magnon Man said:
Very nice detail on the base and the figure, very crisp. It would be good if the kit enabled the Iguanodon to stand on either four legs or two, four legs for walking and grazing, two for defending him/herself and stripping branches. Any chance this sculpt allows for that?
Would love to, but that wasn't the "70's" thinking. You and I know that things have drastically changed over the years with the thinking of the Dinos! I'm sticking the best I can with the thought process of the 1970 type of Dino's.
However! In the next kit, The "Mammal" will do that bi-ped/quadro-ped thing!!! :hat:

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
If a styrene kit company like Moebius would approach you in order to release your dino kits as styrene kits,(which means in big volume)would you be happy to do business with them.Of course,the problem is,as of now,that no kit manufacturer seems to be too enthusiastic to do so.I am practically sure that dinosaurs would outsell many Sci-Fi kits.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
PRE-SCENES 2 said:
Would love to, but that wasn't the "70's" thinking. You and I know that things have drastically changed over the years with the thinking of the Dinos! I'm sticking the best I can with the thought process of the 1970 type of Dino's.
:hat:

Yes, what was I thinking! Even the Cave Bear kit can't be made to stand on his four legs either. I should have realised from the sketch that this model is also in the 1970's style, like the rest of the Prehistoric Scenes.
I blame my 'modern re-interpretation of dinosaur physiognomy' post on the trendy influence of the BBC 'Walking With Dinosaurs' series, and shame on me. As ever, Aurora's version of history is much more interesting!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HERE HE IS!!!!!!!!
"The Iguanodon poised in his cretaceous setting, with his veracious appetite, the barren tree stands leafless as a large millipede crawls by!"

Final sculpt is finished and ready to be molded.
Comments and Questions welcomed!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts