Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Notice it going down lately? Coincidence the time of year...ELECTION TIME!?!?
Hmmmmmm... will it go up right after the elections? Watch and see. Politics or what effects our prices? Competition in the market...I don't think so. Ever notice when you travel in the USA...Shell,Mobil/Exxon,Sunoco, BP,Citgo, Phillips, etc are not in all areas...they have territory agreements...just thought you might make an observation to what is in your area. Not really that many choices!! Alot of the same gas stations controlling the "local" pricing. Maybe that's why they're always competitively priced!?!??!!??! .....Oh, I do appreciate the prices going down some.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
kanabrew said:
Notice it going down lately? Coincidence the time of year...ELECTION TIME!?!?
Hmmmmmm... will it go up right after the elections? Watch and see. Politics or what effects our prices? Competition in the market...I don't think so. Ever notice when you travel in the USA...Shell,Mobil/Exxon,Sunoco, BP,Citgo, Phillips, etc are not in all areas...they have territory agreements...just thought you might make an observation to what is in your area. Not really that many choices!! Alot of the same gas stations controlling the "local" pricing. Maybe that's why they're always competitively priced!?!??!!??! .....Oh, I do appreciate the prices going down some.
Seen on the news they said it was due to "Winter Gas". Yeah right, down almost a buck in no time. You said the magic word, election time. It's happened before, and sure it will happen again. Enjoy it while we can I am sure in January it will start climbing again. Hmmmm now where di i see those 55 gallon drums for sale at. hehehe

Russ

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
January?? I don't think so - I suspect we'll see a big jump sometime around the 2nd week of November - right after the elections are done!

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
It's a nice theory, but it has nothing to do with the election. So the logic here is that the prices went up because it wasn't election time? That's a good one.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
I thought I remember hearing two majors issues helped. First, prices went up when companies ASSUMED the Middle East - Israeli thing might get out of hand and second, they were accounting for hurricane damage which has not been a factor this year. Prices haven't really lowered they have rather gone back to where they probably always should have been to start with. You'll note prices always go up anytime their are possibilities and issues and take a long time to filter back down. When the latest monster size reserve was just located that should have helped too.

Nothing factual just bits and pieces from all the sound bite news stations these days.:)

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I can't believe people actually think Politicians can control the price of gas prior to an election :rolleyes:

What Matt said, No political discussions please :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.