Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi... The Fresh Cherries have gone up .50 from 1.97 to 2.47 here in B'ham Alabama. The price increase started yesterday. Has this happened everywhere?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dear All:

I did not check in my area yet,but members of other Forums who live in other states also noticed the price raise. Wal Mart also impose at which prices items should be sold,and Motormax was compalining about the $1.97 price due to the fact,besides another reasons,of the ever rising prices of zinc.Even at $2.47,these are a good deal,however.

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
Prices in Northern Indiana went up to $2.47. Price of progress..

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don´t think the raise of the price os motif for hue and cry, Johnny Lightning are more expensive and didn´t offer new models so often like MotorMax Fresh cherries

I can understand the motif of the news prices, and if we like it, the price is the last thing we will consider, because the Fresh cherries cars are awesome and worthy

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the pricing is up to each individual Wally World, as the one in Heath, Ohio wants $2.97 for them now, while one on the north side of Columbus is $2.47.

The American Graffiti's apparently are $2.47 now also.

·
Registered
260 Posts
FC Price Increase

Just picked up the Fieros and Matadors. Thought I missed something, must have been those Mustangs. Somebody in central MA is always beating me to the Fords. Reading the British Collector mags it has to be that increase in metal prices and probably also the weak Dollar. Oh well, still good value for the money.

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Prices are up in extreme south central lower Mich. Found the Matador and Hornet but still no Mustang.

·
Registered
16 Posts
$2.47 for the 1/87th scale FCs here in California.. I just checked two of my usual Wal-Marts for these, and that old $1.97 pricing is a figment of the past.

Cheers,
Harry

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
Where is that stupid smiley:) face with the hammer dropping the prices at W-Mart. He's probably locked up in the Mop Closet reading corprate E-Mails....

·
Registered
334 Posts
VWowner said:
Where is that stupid smiley:) face with the hammer dropping the prices at W-Mart. He's probably locked up in the Mop Closet reading corprate E-Mails....

Dear All:

With or without the smiley with or without the Hammer,the problem was that the $1.97 price was artificial at best (i.e.,imposed by Wal Mart) and Motormax was being vocal about that,mostly due the dramatic increase of Zinc Prices.It is expected,due to that factor,plus the fact that the hobby per se is shrinking,that the price may go to $3.00 and many companies may join with anothers or will go under all togheter. Many analists predict that the next 18 months may be one of the more dramatic for the diecast industry.

I see Motormax as a surviver,for,since they also decided to mold subjects in 1/87 scale they will atract the Railroad Modelers,which at times need lots of vehicles for their lay-outs.Granted,their HO models are not much competition for the likes as Herpa,but the chosen prototypes and the (current) affordable price makes them quite atractive.

I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade. These are just the facts the diecast Industry is facing as of now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts