Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have quite come to like Code 2 Matchbox models. I think they add a nice extra to any collection because as much as anybody can go nuts about chase cars and treasure hunts and whatnot, I think these are the sleepers of limited editions. I admit that...well, when I collect anything, I enjoy having something that not every man and his dog owns too.

I found this one on the local auction site and bought it right away. The casting has been done to death, as we all know, I don't know how many versions there are but I'd bet on some hundred or more. So with this in mind, this is one is a Code 2 version that can't be found by the thousands which means I'm glad I got it. Better pictures are coming when the car is in the mail. I'll be curious to see if the box is factory sealed because Matchbox usually put the cars in with the front facing left.

New Zealand die cast club, 10th anniversary:

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
If in my collection I would classify that as a promotional car. Pretty nice

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
That is one cool ole truck... Yeah they did a hundred variations or more, but everyone had it's own personality... I liked the cereal versions from Kelloggs the best... I think ya got a real masterpiece there... Congratulations !!!

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't seem to find this variation online in any of the lists, so this one might be largely unknown to the general MBX community? If so, please let me know, I'm happy to take decent pictures when the car arrives in the mail and upload them wherever you want for free use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts