Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out at a friends house late last night and came home got the family to bed and was still wide awake so I decided to hit Wally's and came away with a good haul of 2013 cars. I got these plus one more of each but my little one wanted to open one of each to play with. I could not resist his adorable little "peeeeeeeeesseee" when the one he wanted most was the bread box. Lol. I'm a sick for that little plea. Lol. No supers so it was already hit and the person didn know about the bread box or there just weren't any in there. Still a good haul. Now I have plenty of cars for raoks and to share with my Canadian buddy who has been waiting for the MM. I'm sure he and his kids will be very happy.

·
Banned
565 Posts
Agreed. Though it would have to be very powerful to help me out here in Scalper Central.
I hear that, I have the same in my area, plus I have a collector that tells the employees what to look for and put aside and he pays the employees off. There is another guy who is just plain rude, if you're standing in front of the hot wheels looking he will swoop in and push you to the side. He did that to me once and I was nice enough to just give him a dirty look and say WTF and walk away. Not anymore if I see him standing there next time I am going to swoop in and push him out of the way. :lol:

I am not a person who has to knock someone out over a $1 car, I will eventually find one. I was patient and I found the same stuff Eric found except the bread box, but of course that was at a store an hour away from my area. :lol:

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
The noises, rude looks, whatever..but if it comes to body contact, over a toy, as in being shoved out of the way literally...someone is getting touched back, unbelievable..i went hunting today, and my main m2 rival here, handed me a tissued box of drivers 15 to look thru, no chase, though..once again, 1 dollar piece of crap car causes stupidity on unheard of levels...and nice finds Eric, buti'm coming to your house and stealing your lucky stick, you coooould make it easier for both of us, and leave it on your front porch, then i'll give it to Shelly when i'm done, and after that Dan, then maaaaybe you get it back.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol. Ill have to let you both take turns with it. But be careful. With muh power comes much responsibility. You must resist the urge to o hoard and send many RAOK to keep the balance in check lol

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It also seems to have a repulsion effect because the only time I have ever been in the same aisle even as another person with a passing interest in die cast including a parent was during the grand opening t the Wally's. otherwise everywhere go is complete order.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I hear that, I have the same in my area, plus I have a collector that tells the employees what to look for and put aside and he pays the employees off. There is another guy who is just plain rude, if you're standing in front of the hot wheels looking he will swoop in and push you to the side. He did that to me once and I was nice enough to just give him a dirty look and say WTF and walk away. Not anymore if I see him standing there next time I am going to swoop in and push him out of the way.
I don't know the scalpers here, and don't care to, so I can't say what dirtbag techniques they use. What makes them so bad is the sheer number of them. Usually there will be at least 20 of them warming the door before Wal-Mart opens at 0700.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Makes me laugh every time to think that the Bread Box is "rare and collectible". Finding five at a time isn't rare! Good on you for letting the kids open them. Show Mattel the middle finger. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
I don't know the scalpers here, and don't care to, so I can't say what dirtbag techniques they use. What makes them so bad is the sheer number of them. Usually there will be at least 20 of them warming the door before Wal-Mart opens at 0700.
Tired of the scalper crap talk

Just because you didn't hit a hunt or something doesn't mean another collector did.

So if I go to the store and there is no chase its a scalper? Not my friend dave who might have been there earlier.

So if I get a hunt and later in the day dave doesn't does that make me a scalper? Is it not OK to trade or sell stuff?

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Tired of the scalper crap talk

Just because you didn't hit a hunt or something doesn't mean another collector did.

So if I go to the store and there is no chase its a scalper? Not my friend dave who might have been there earlier.

So if I get a hunt and later in the day dave doesn't does that make me a scalper? Is it not OK to trade or sell stuff?
As always, Pierre has the thought provoking,well, at least provoking questions..

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
You're right. But then again, it's a specific issue that only pertains to Hot Wheels so there's not much I can say about that. I have yet to meet Matchbox scalpers, Maisto scalpers or Siku scalpers. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts