Hobbyist Forums banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
FYI: Strongsville Hobby Shop is relocating in MAY to a New location in Elyria at the Chestnut commons on RT 57(next to the new wal-mart).we will be having a moving sale in april . we hope to see many of you there in May to celebrate our GRAND OPENING
w/sales,expanded product line,and a new look.Thanks to everyone who has suported us for the last 24yrs in strongsville ,and we hope you will follow us to elyria for another 24.
for any questions call 440-572-0430.thanks jr.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Speaking of the site, I was cleaning out the model room & I found yet another PL premium that's not listed in the site. There was a 5x7 graph pad of paper. Mine is almost full, so I'll get a pic of it & submit it!

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Not a problem.
I've been spending a lot of time on the WayBack Machine the past few days.
Getting lots of info for a project, but that is both good and bad.
Was just going to be a quick one page piece which is now looking like a multi-page project.

If you decide to do any updates, and run into problems. Let me know.
My host has made some changes lately, and I may have to change permissions or something.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just got back in the hobby after a 5 year absence and recently discovered to my horror that Polar Lights was no more!! What happened? When did it go under? The last kit I remember was the Forgotten Prisoner.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I was looking for the definitive list of PL kits, since I realized mine was incomplete. I visited Phrankenstign's site via Polarpedia and did not find his list. Looked like the site was no longer active.

Anyone know where I may find such a list?

Thanks,
James

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
How about the list of numbered guillotines?

OR is Phrank doing that as well?
I would hate to see the thread lost in one of the cleanings.
Think I better find it and bump it back up again.
Here's a link to the G-O-teen thread...

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=4169

The List:

test version #0...mcdougall (formally Big Daddy Dave, formally Lisa G)
test version #1...Mike Warshaw
test version #2...Jerry G

#1..........Gruffydd
#2..........Van from UNCLE
#3..........Steve CulTVman Iverson
#4..........Mike Warshaw
#5..........Wolfman
#6..........Markenstein
#7..........Pelle Risell
#8..........13x5x2 Nostalgian
#9..........Bill Colleton
#10.........SilverKnight
#11.........Chris W
#12.........Matt Holder
#13.........Yamahog
#14.........Doctor G
#15.........rocketship xm45
#16.........Lartian666
#17.........otto
#18.........Dan Jones
#19.........mattison
#20.........Dave Hussey
#21.........acctd
#22.........Brent Gair
#23.........Brent Gair
#24.........phrankenstign
#25.........phrankenstign
#26.........Mango Man
#27.........acctd
#28.........Chuck
#29.........Roy Kirchoff
#30.........Larry Samuels
#31.........Bruce Bishop
#32.........acctd
#33.........mrdean
#34.........Danafox
#35.........aurorafan
#36.........me! (hi there.)
#37.........bluemax1999 (his e-bay name)
#38.........pcmodeler.com
#39.........Barry Yoner
#40.........Ensign Eddie
#41.........James DFarrow
#42.........origAurorabuyer
#43.........Marc Fraley
#44.........Rebel Rocker
#45.........MonsterModelMan
#46.........transaction pending...
#47.........crazy mike
#48.........acctd
#49.........acctd
#50.........took the scenic route and came home
#51.........Hunch
#52.........acctd
#53.........acctd
#54.........Paul O
#55.........Tay666
#56.........Dr. Glueblob
#57.........scooke123
#58.........jamil dagonet
#59.........HARRY
#60.........Mysterion27
#61.........acctd
#62.........acctd
#63.........phrankenstign
#64.........acctd
#65.........acctd
#66.........THRUSH Central
#67.........acctd
#68.........acctd
#69.........acctd
#70.........Tay666
#71.........acctd
#72.........Richard A
#73.........acctd
#74.........acctd
#75.........acctd
#76.........31 Racine Rd
#77.........ptking
#78.........beckwith
#79.........dr. brakefield
#80.........markdwilso
#81.........Bob Wolfe
#82.........Steve T
#83.........edfifer
#84.........perfectly frank
#85.........friend of edfifer
#86.........AZbuilder
#87.........acctd
#88.........acctd
#89.........acctd
#90.........acctd
#91.........acctd
#92.........acctd
#93.........acctd
#94.........acctd
#95.........Silverback
#96.........pcmodeler.com
#97.........acctd
#98.........Dankerdine
#99.........Prince of Styrene II
#100........acctd
#101........Captain Don
#102........Lokheed
#103........acctd
#104........HorrorManiac
#105........MNROO
#106........acctd
#107........acctd

#108 thru 125 are accounted for.[/

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Yeah, Phrank's site has been down for years now. :(

But you can still access the content thanks to the staypresentmachine.

Try this link.
Polar Lights / Aurora - Phrankenstign's UNAUTHORIZED Playing Mantis Model Inventory

Hello there!
My web-site has never been down for years.

Due to various events in my life (including a 2.5 year stay in Wisconsin while my stuff was in storage) I neglected to update it.

There have been a couple of periods where it had gone down for a week or two due to technical problems with the hosting companies. However as soon as I found out, I corrected the problems immediately. Just recently (05/21/16), my hosting contract with iPage ended. The site went off-line the next afternoon. I made a new deal with web.com to host my site, and it was uploaded onto their servers and back on-line in the evening. There have been times when it's taken a couple of days for new server information to propagate, but not this time.

Anyway, I finally feel I have the time to update the site again. I have, in fact, already added quite a few bits of promotional information and pictures to it already. I recently purchased a couple of Toy Fair Press Kits, so they'll be added too. The stuff in my "Coming Soon" section will finally be added. Now it really will be soon! I have quite a bit of stuff that I meant to add years ago, but didn't. This year, I hope to add as much as possible.

I could use a bit of help from the members here to help close the book on the Playing Mantis/Polar Lights entries. As I was looking through some of the last Polar Lights kits I bought in 2005 from the Great American Rides series, I noticed some of them were actually released by RC2. I'd bought most of them on sale at Kay-Bee Toys. At the time I remember thinking perhaps RC2 had decided to clear the Playing Mantis warehouse of all product at a substantial discount---most were priced at $7.88. Upon examining them a few days ago, it became apparent to me the Playing Mantis Inc. copyrighted kits had 4 digit Model Numbers, while the RC2 Brands Inc. copyrighted kits had 5 digit Model Numbers. I don't know if I realized it back when I added the 5 digit Model Number kits to my site. My intent at this time is to remove those, unless someone here has evidence of Playing Mantis Inc. copyrighted kits with 5 digit Model Numbers. The ones in question are Model Numbers 53001-53004.

I don't dislike the RC2 nor Round 2 versions of Polar Lights. I've bought kits from both companies. However the intent of my site is to be as complete a reference site as possible for all things that were available with the Playing Mantis Inc. Polar Lights and Playing Mantis Inc. Aurora logo. I hope to include all promotional items as well. Now that I have a digital camera, it'll be a lot easier to add many of those as well.

If you have any items not already shown on my site, then please let me know. I'd like to add them. I'd like to make a deal with you to purchase them, or hopefully you would be willing to take pics of them and give me permission to add them to my site. Yama's Hawg has some great pics Russ Hooten was nice enough to send me with his permission to use.

HELP!!!

PS I've added some pages where not all of the pictures are being displayed yet. Please have patience. I'll be uploading the missing pics as soon as I can. I figure it'll be about a week to get all of them uploaded.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
81 - 100 of 103 Posts