Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 40 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Hey ! Good job by all concerned. It answers a lot of questions a semi-newbie always wanted to ask but was too afraid to look stupid. (er)
Dabbler

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Mark McGovern said:
Jim, This could well be the only site of its kind on the Internet so far! There should be a link to it at the top of the PLBB Home Page. Congratulations.

I had a bit to add about the Dremel Salutes; I emailed it to you. Thanks for the great effort.
Oh gawd.
That should be good :D

·
Registered
924 Posts
Cool.

Trev and Aerowax,

Great job! Really brings back the memories. I'm glad you're planning on updating it as I'm hoping this will stir up even more postings and contributions about the site. You've really given it a great look in the way you've put it all together.

Suggestions? We could have the list of issued Guillotine kits, as well as the complete list of all PL model kits with serial numbers.

Also, we should seek out any former members to see if they are willing to share their memories. Maybe someone can dig up Mr. Dean or Markenstein (Mark Chan).

·
Registered
924 Posts
One more thing: It's been (what?) six years since I've seen those Yama's Hawg instrux, and it seems like even longer. Hold on to 'em Anj, they may be worth somethin' some day.

BTW--Does anyone happen to remember if one of the Yama's Hawg kits contained either a complete "Black Beauty" kit? I can't remember, but I believe there was a complete kit in one of the boxes.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yes, my dear Yama...one of the Yama's Hog contains a full Black Beauty. I have no idea which one it was. :tongue:

Does anyone remember the post by Rat where he waxed nostalgic about what it was like to be in the Clubhouse? It was a very sweet and quite insightful writitng. I may have even printed it off and stored it in a file somewhere. That just may be my weekend project...finding it.

Also, Big Daddy Dave...are you reading this?? I have a bunch of stuff that would go great on the site, but I'm going to need help getting it scanned and stuff. Call me at Bethel Special Events & Conference Services. :thumbsup:

Yama!!! SIX YEARS??? No way!!!!

Hugs and Love,
Lisa

·
Never lost for words
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
As you write and post, I'm pulling stuff and copying it to a holding file. I will update the site within the next two weeks but wanted to have one big update so that TAY didn't get daily update requests from me (he's already been very patient with me).

If you've got changes you'd like to see made (it's really your website), LMK ASAP.

If you've already posted a suggestion or e-mailed me, please be patient.

Thanks for your kind words. This was somewhat of a thank you to y'all for your friendship and camaraderie over the years.

This am correct.

Jim

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
yamahog said:
One more thing: It's been (what?) six years since I've seen those Yama's Hawg instrux, and it seems like even longer. Hold on to 'em Anj, they may be worth somethin' some day.

BTW--Does anyone happen to remember if one of the Yama's Hawg kits contained either a complete "Black Beauty" kit? I can't remember, but I believe there was a complete kit in one of the boxes.
I got the Hawg instrux hanging where they should be, on the wall in my hobby room! It's above the LCARS panel in this pic:
http://planetmyhill.com/Modelmaster/PICS/ModelRoom2.jpg
Incidently, you can also see the Big Frankie Fez picture with my WF badge & the Lisa Gets Chased "kit".

You know, that Balck Beauty really makes me want to open my kit! I don't want to... I like the shrink wrappyness of seeing it, plus I don't want to ruin the autograph! It's valuable, ya' know! :tongue:

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
yamahog said:
Suggestions? We could have the list of issued Guillotine kits, as well as the complete list of all PL model kits with serial numbers.
I suggested the Guillotine kit numbers also.
As for all the PL model kits with serial numbers. That is what the link to Phranks place is for.
Have you looked at his site Yama?
http://www.phrankenstign.com/

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Arronax said:
As you write and post, I'm pulling stuff and copying it to a holding file. I will update the site within the next two weeks but wanted to have one big update so that TAY didn't get daily update requests from me (he's already been very patient with me).
Don't worry about that. No patients required.
I love this project also (he, wasn't I the one that suggested it in the first place :) )

Hopefully soon I will have things worked out so that you will be able to do the uploads yourself.

·
Registered
924 Posts
"I got the Hawg instrux hanging where they should be, on the wall in my hobby room!"

Anj,
When you've made it to "The Wall" of someone's home, you know that you have indeed, made it. Y'know, I've experienced a lot of great things in this here life. But as a kid, I always wanted to be able to draw model kits like Dave Deal. Believe it or not, this is kinda like livin' that dream. And after all, wasn't that what Polar Lights was really all about? Making our dreams come true? Thanks Anj. And thank you too, Lisa.

·
Never lost for words
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
yamahog said:
Suggestions? We could have the list of issued Guillotine kits
I really thought about this but the thread on the BB does it so well and I did link to it (it's under Product Related Threads) (note to self: Figure out to set up a Search function on the site).

I'll consider adding the list to the site if someone can assure me that it's stable (I don't want to be the keeper and maintainer of this list).

Jim

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
yamahog said:
Anj,
When you've made it to "The Wall" of someone's home, you know that you have indeed, made it. Y'know, I've experienced a lot of great things in this here life. But as a kid, I always wanted to be able to draw model kits like Dave Deal. Believe it or not, this is kinda like livin' that dream. And after all, wasn't that what Polar Lights was really all about? Making our dreams come true? Thanks Anj. And thank you too, Lisa.
Awwww, Hawg. <sniff> You made me all sentimental. <punch in the arm> You guy, you. <sniff> Don't worry. On the wall is where it'll stay.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Da Queen said:
Also, Big Daddy Dave...are you reading this?? I have a bunch of stuff that would go great on the site, but I'm going to need help getting it scanned and stuff. Call me at Bethel Special Events & Conference Services. :thumbsup:
Present and accounted for your highness! Jim said you've been looking for me. We've had some health related issues at home lately including a round of the chicken pox! As luck would have it, the wife just bought a new scanner/copier/printer today. How's that for timing? We will have to hook up and get your stuff loaded or downloaded or whatever you need done. ;) Just say the word. I'll call you. As for Yamahog, I still have my autographed head shot in a place of honor in my model workshop (I keep a votive candle lit next to it 24-7)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks, Dave! I'll give you a shout as soon as this one conference here at the college ends and I have a free moment. I'll bring the pizzas! (BTW, I got the kids notes re Peter Pan. Too cute!)

Guyz...how about this for Polarpaedia....y'all really honored the company by your devotion to the kits and over my years with PL, I've seen some pretty amazing model rooms, walls of kits, walls of awards etc. What about addding in a section with pics of your modeling hideaways...those sacred corners of your basements, garages and yes, bathrooms (nod to Yama) where you are at your most creative? Dave Metzner's is nothing short of a warehouse; Big Daddy Dave's looks like a movie set, Dr. G's (from the pics I've seen) is quite impressive, Andy's is a mix of kits and official PL relics with just the right touch of whimsy. I know there are many more equally fascinating places out there so it might be fun and interesting to show them off as sort of our "genetic" link, if you will. What do you think?

Hugs and Love,
Lisa

·
Never lost for words
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Ya killing me, DQ.

But if that's what people want, bring it on. Of course, when you see my disaster of a workbench, it may put people off even coming to the site.

Jim

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I think it's a great idea! One pic for everyone, & the link in the left frame could lead to a list of names. Click on the names & you get the one pic.

(Just trying to think of ways to lower your workload by eliminating those thumbnails!) :)

21 - 40 of 103 Posts