Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
That's what I would like to see... A simple checklist of existing and near-future programs, with an automatic billing procedure, so that I might be able to just click and go, depending on what I wish to have sent to me. A choice between 6 and 12 car (or full inner, as some actually have been known to have less or more than the 12 car standard) sets through an online vendor. I am sick of these C.A.R.S. releases, with a few of this and that, and want things to be released in their respective full sets.

I'd like to be able to order now what I know I'd like in December, when it comes out. I use to do that with 1Stop, but things are a bit vague there now, with the CG25 stuff listed there not matching what I have seen released. The last update was in June.

It would be cool to have a simple checklist, a simple automatic payment (pre-approved, of course) and just kick back and wait for a shipment notification...

Who can help me???

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Owl,

I'd love to see that too, but it doesn't make any $$ sense for PM. CARS is terrible for the consumer but it's great for PM because it forces their real customers (the retailers) to buy ALL of PM's stuff, including the junk, in order to get the good stuff that will sell. Most hobby retailers don't like to sell the singles because then they're stuck with the junk. Mass marketers (WALMART, TRU, etc.) don't have a choice and they can more afford the write-off of the junk that doesn't sell. PM needs to move mass quanitities to make a profit. What they haven't figured out yet is how to just make only cool stuff and no junk. Obviously, they wouldn't make non-selling junk on purpose, but their market research and run sizing does leave a little to be desired.

G

·
owl said:
That's what I would like to see... A simple checklist of existing and near-future programs, with an automatic billing procedure, so that I might be able to just click and go, depending on what I wish to have sent to me. A choice between 6 and 12 car (or full inner, as some actually have been known to have less or more than the 12 car standard) sets through an online vendor. I am sick of these C.A.R.S. releases, with a few of this and that, and want things to be released in their respective full sets.

I'd like to be able to order now what I know I'd like in December, when it comes out. I use to do that with 1Stop, but things are a bit vague there now, with the CG25 stuff listed there not matching what I have seen released. The last update was in June.

It would be cool to have a simple checklist, a simple automatic payment (pre-approved, of course) and just kick back and wait for a shipment notification...

Who can help me???

Who's your buddy??? YHM.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
owl said:

Who can help me???
Owl,
I dont know who your buddy is, but if you want a dealer that carries everything Johnny Lightning and can give you a great price I am the guy you want to talk to. I will be in contact with you.
BOBB36

1 - 4 of 4 Posts