Hobbyist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In some cases do pre order / sales help out the actual production cost of items like the upcoming Moon Bus?

Is there a 'STORY to be told' behind license release for the Moon Bus from the Kubrick Estate that can be shared?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Production costs were already established before we announced that we'd be doing a kit - pre-orders don't affect production costs at all.. Production costs will have to be paid before the first kit reaches the US.

If there is big demand for the kit that may lead distributors to place larger opening orders for the kit.
If we have bigger opening orders we may need to order more kits on the first shipment...
If we have bigger opening demand that will pay costs back sooner... HOWEVER....Our distributors do not pay us until they have received product...
So we don't see our fist dollar until kits arrive and have beed delivered to our customers....
Production costs are not directly connected to pre-orders those costs will be the same if there are thousands of pre-orders or if there are no pre- orders at all.

If you don't mind, I don't think that this is a subject for general discussion, I've done my best to answer the question and I think that there is no reason to leave this thread open..
so I'm going to close it..

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.