Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bob Thompson a member of our 1/4 scale community is in the hospital. He went in yesterday morning for a heart cath and they put in a stent (spelling) was ready to go home this morning. and before he got out he coded. They did CPR for over thirty minutes got him down in the lab and found all major arteries where clotted 100%, they cleaned those out but the main artery for the lungs is also 100% blocked. I guess that for the next 2 hours they are giving him a clot busting medicine and as of now he is on a heart and lung machine to keep him going. I was sitting in the room when the doc came in and said he only has a 1 in 10 chance... Please people this is my best buddy....pray for him and his family.

Chuck Lambert

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
WOW. Sorry to hear that Chuck. The family and I will keep Bob in our prayers. Haven't run with you guys as of late, but a racing bud none the less. Hope he pulls through!!!

Kevin Drown

·
Registered
290 Posts
Prayers for Bob Thompson

I visited with bob's wife today for a long time,he does not have much of a chance,it is pretty much in the lord's hands. My family & I are praying with everything we got. Bob is one of the best friends I have ever had,he is a great guy. Please pray with us to help him.

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
This is terrible news.....I pray that Bob pulls through. He is one of nicest guys I've met in RC.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am new here and don't know anybody to date... Bob we will say a special prayer for you tonight,, hang in there my friend... You may very well be that 1%

God bless you

Stoney

·
Registered
916 Posts
Man this is some bad news . I read the post from the other day that he said he feeling under the weather , just didn't realize it was this bad . He and his family will be in Randi and I prayers . keep us posted Chuck .
Randy

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man this is some bad news . I read the post from the other day that he said he feeling under the weather , just didn't realize it was this bad . He and his family will be in Randi and I prayers . keep us posted Chuck .
Randy
Will do Thanks Randy

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
With the Lords help and everyones prayers Bob can make it. Miracles do happen. I will most definately be praying for him.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry to be the one to pass this on, but Bob passed away at about 10:40 this morning.

Please pray for his family. We will miss him greatly!

Dick

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
I'm deeply saddened by this news. Bob was a great competitor and person. We will miss him for sure. You could not find a better man
I'll pray for his family. .

RIP Bob #7.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Very sad to hear the news. Never met Bob, but I can tell he meant alot to alot of the racers. Sounds like he was a great man. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends!

The Andrews Family

1 - 20 of 39 Posts