Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone I would appreciate it if you would keep Steve P in your thoughts and prayers. His Dad is much worse and is in the hospital. If you have been trying to get in touch with him for the past few days, this is why he has not been returning calls. I know he would very much appreciate your prayers.

Thanks
Allan A

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Steve we are all thinking about your family while in time of need .if you need anything bro call m and I will do whatever you need .Myy paryers are with you and your family ..
ROCKET

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
steve, if you need anything just let me know buddy. we are thinking of you

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
steve i know i'm retarded a thief and a liar...but i still love ya and i will say a good word to the man above for you and your pops! please let us know how things are going

bill

·
Registered
572 Posts
Thanks

Hi Guys,

First, thanks to Allan for starting this thread. I can't begin to tell all of you how much your throughts and prayers mean to me. You guys are fantastic.

Even though "Katfish" is a retarded thief and liar.........Bill Sell has a heart of gold and I thank you my friend. (Now, so as not to tarnish your image, I'll go back to agrueing with you again some time next week. LOL)

Just so you alll know, my dad suffering with severe Alzheimer's disease. He is 2 months shy of 89 years old. He lives alone 2 hour from me and my 72 old aunt lives next door to him and, with some health issues of her own, she tries to take care of him. My mom, his wife of 56 years, died 4 years ago and he's been failing ever since. If you've ever tried to get someone into a nursing home, its a nightmare. He's in the hospital now and they are trying to place him. He is weak and cooperative sometimes and violently angry late at night (a phenomenon know as "sundowning syndrome"). The process is heartbreaking and is tearing me up.

My dad is as tough as they come. My late great friend, Paul Heitz, who most of you all knew and loved, helped me develop an even greater appreciation of the true toughness of my dad's background. (Anyone Paul looked up to as being hardcore, had to be off the page) Sargent in the 1st Marine division in WWII surving first landings in Peleliu, Cape Glouster, and Okinawa, 36 years on the police force, 19 years as Chief of Police. To see him like this now is gutwrenching.

But God works in strange ways. My dad's character was honed by his life experiences. That made him the incomparable person he is. I can only pray that this challange I face, in helping my dad through this part of his life, can make me stronger to face the challenges life has for me in the future. I guess my dad's still teaching me to be stronger, right up to the end.

Tell your dad you love him, next chance you get. And the next time someone tells you how great you are (and you all are, by the way), remember what Isaac Newton said.....

"If I have seen further than other men, it is because I have stood upon the shoulders of giants."

God bless you guys, and thanks for letting me babble a little bit.

Steve

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Steve, my family and I are praying for you. While I'm not by any means in the same situation as you, I came close a year ago when my mom had a massive brain anurism rupture right behind her left eye. I was lucky, as she survived with no ill effects. I also had a grandmother pass away from alzheimers, and know how emotionally draining the whole process can be. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to call. I don't think you give yourself enough credit. Through the few times we have met and talked, I got an overwhelming sense of how strong and independant you are. I am sure you will pull this with the support of your family, friends, and extended family on these boards!!!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Steve,

I hope everything goes well for you and your entire family. I lost my father last year to colon cancer and it was the hardest thing that I have ever had to deal with. I worked from home and took care of my dad every single day for over a year with the help of my wife.

I assure you that you, just like I did, will learn from this experience and become a stronger person because of it.

I don't really know you, but I don't have to know you in order to offer any help or support that you may need during this time. We are all thinking about you and your family and wish you guys all the best. If you need anything, you know what to do......

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
getting old and watching your hero slowly fade away is by far the hardest challenge we all must face in life..i know my pop is alot closer to the end of the road than the beginning...sometime in the future i will be facing the same thing...this is when you lean on friends to get you through...it makes fighting over toy cars so damn small in this thing we call life.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Steve
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! Do not worry about getting back to us Crazy RC nuts that have emailed you and called you. I promise we will still bug you and be just as crazy if not more once you make it through this tough time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts