Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't really find any tracks to race on anywhere near where I live in Kingwood, WV so I bought the field next door and started building my own. Nothing official and I'm not holding races but I am looking for people in my area that are interested in the hobby of RC racing. The track is actually starting to look pretty professional although it is still a work in progress. I even built a 8x12 drivers stand and bought a timing system with computer/printer to time the laps. So far I've got 4 or 5 guys that stop by each sunday and we bash around. If you or anyone you know is interested I'd be happy to send some pictures to you. My son and I are out there all day every sunday messing around with our cars. It is the perfect size for 1/10 scale electric and I've got some nitro as well. Stadium trucks and SC trucks are what I'm aiming for but not limited to. If I can get some interest maybe we could try holding some races next year but for right now it's more or less come hang out and mess with RC cars on sundays. I don't think there is a better track within 75 miles and it would be a great place to practice and find others who are interested in the same hobby. Al

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
photos

Cool, I was able to add a couple of photo's. If you click on the my photo's link they are there. The track is located at 751 Pleasantdale rd. Just turn at the Getty station (Sigler st) in town and go 1 mile. Sigler turns into Pleasantdale and you will see the track. Stop by and check it out.

·
Registered
200 Posts
That's awesome, finally a track near Morgantown. You did a really good job with it. What time will you be running next week? I've got a nitro buggy I'd like to come run with you guys. I know about 10 more people around Morgantown with some type of offroad truck or buggy. I'll have to email them a link to this thread. There are a couple dirt oval tracks around here if you're interested in that. There's one in Dellslow at Outlaw Motorsports and one in Fairmont off the Downtown exit. Both run Stadium Trucks, along with Losi Mini Late Models and 1/10th Sprint Cars. Dellslow runs on Saturdays at 2pm and Fairmont runs on Fridays at 7pm.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
come on down

My son and I are out there working on it every sunday. We don't have an official run time cause we haven't held any races yet or anything like that. Would like to though but that's probably a thought for next year when I will make it bigger and better. We are pretty much out there from about 10am to close to dark every sunday. I've got this tuesday-thursday off and will be around if anyone wanted to stop by and check it out. Hopefully I can get some guys familiar with how to run the system because I want to participate in the racing also. To tell you the truth I don't have it completely figured out myself yet! That is the whole point of the track for me. I'm not really looking to run a track as far being the owner or anything but more as a bunch of guys get together and do it as a group. It's not something I plan on doing as a business but more of us a hobby. As far as Outlaw Motorsports goes I'm going to stop by there in the next couple of days to talk to them. Maybe they could use my track to sell a few stadium trucks or whatever and in return I could get some guys interested in the track down here. The couple of times I've been in there it seems they are always distracted with the motocross thing. I think the reason they do a limited amount of RC business is due to the lack of local tracks. Maybe we could change that. I've got a couple of old Nitro stadium trucks. A GTX and an NXT. That GTX I've had for probably 14 years now but I'll put it up against any of the new trucks until proven otherwise :) RB concept motor on it and it still runs flawless. I've also got a 1/8th scale XTM X-terminator buggy. It's not cutting edge technology or anything but I can still put a pretty good run together with it. I would definitely like to put together a RTR stock Short Course truck class. I bought 2 of the SC10 RTR trucks for my son and I to run and we are having about as much fun as anything with them. Not real fast but they are durable, inexpensive, and work really good on a dry loose track which mine is without watering it. The timing system I bought is from trackmateracing.com. You can buy a transponder for around $30 and you keep it with your car. It seems to work really well especially for the amount of money it cost me to buy the system. If any of your friends respond to this post I'd be happy to have the help getting this track better with some more participants. I'd post my email on here but I guess it won't let me cause I'm fairly new on here. I know there are guys around this area with trucks and buggy's, just gotta locate them and let them know about. I'm glad to see this post is working and it sounds like you might be able to help me out with that, thx Al

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello my name is marshall i live up the road from your race track ive came down last summer and watch you and john and jerimiah mess around im lookin to buy a ready to run car if you had any for sale that i could make payments on i have a facebook

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I didn't get back to you guys sooner. Didn't realize anybody had responded to this thread because my email address has changed. I've got to update this my info. As far as our track goes we are definitely planning on going bigger and better this year and see if we can actually generate some interest. I just started a website last weekend www.kingwoodrc.com. I'm also making up a flyer and banner to put on the drivers stand. I'm hoping that we can get enough people to maybe even hold some races on sundays. I'd love to find somewhere to get some clay dirt delivered to make some of of the jumps bigger and bank a couple of the corners. My son and I will be out there every sunday working on it and it would be great to get others out there for ideas and help to make it better. checkout the website and shoot me an email under the contact link. As far as rtr trucks for sale I've got a bunch of older street cars I'm going to get rid of but nothing that would be competitive on my track. If you are having trouble coming up with a vehicle come on down. Maybe we can figure something out to help you get started. I'm really hoping to get some others to participate. It makes it alot more fun.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
What days are you racing on? What classes will you be running? The only reason I'm asking is because I live about 10 mile south of Wheeling ,WV and just got back into offroad racing and should be bringing 2 to 4 drivers with me when we can make it down.

Jimmy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts