Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a reasonably priced power source for my track. I had it powered by one wall wort per lane. One of them has stopped working. Should I just buy a wall wort on ebay or is there a better alternative out there?

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I suggest doing a search within this section for threads dealing with power supplies. There's a lot of them out there with all the info you could ever want.

Joe

·
Registered
512 Posts
Replace

I vote for replacing. We have used wall packs for years with no trouble. Simple, easy and no problem to replace.

Jim Norton
Huntsville, AL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to pick up some wall warts on ebay for now. I've started planning for a large routed track so I can play and work on a new track at the same time.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I'm using a 13.8volt 8amp pro power supply for my 4 lanes track (so I have 2amp by lanes). A BIG difference of performance with my old 4 tyco wall packs.

Even if you loose some volts, the amperes gain is very good for several motors. Tjets, for example. You'll see that a tjet (autoworld/JL repro) will run much better with more amps than the standard 400-500mA of the wall warts. Motors are betted feeded, I guess.

It's good for magnetless cars too, but magnet cars I run (440x2, tomy turbo) stills competitive and fun (even with silicon tires, the cars still able to deslot, you have to drive it).

If any pro has an explaination...I'm interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts