Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Power Supply and Charger

I need advice on power supplies and a DC charger.
I just had 2 chargers die in the past 24 hrs.

1 Dynamite Vision Peak Ultra, my fault, I made a custom set of clips for some 4 cell packs, the clips touched and now its all confused, I may send this one in to see if its repairable.

1 Duratrax intellipeak was charging fine, pulled a batt off
the fan cycled and I put a pack on and no go, nothing.

So I have 3 vehicles and no power.

I think a dedicated power supply is the next step along with a DC charger.

A Turbo 35 would be nice but, Too much $$$ new, Used???
I would like some feedback on the C.E. Pitbull X3 or others.
Any other suggestions on a power supply and DC charger?

Thanks

Canadian

·
AKA Rusty NutZ
1,138 Posts
the pitbull X3 is an awsome little charger. it has the same charge program as the GFX. a lot of people also like the duratrax ice charger. a good power supply to get is the 25 amp power supply from radio shack.

Rusty NutZ

·
Banned
3,250 Posts
If you're on a budget and are only running one charger, you could get by with a 10-12 amp power supply. Most people charge at 6 amps so a 25 amp or more is really not necessary. (unless you got the money) 2 chargers, then you'd need a 15 or more amp supply if your charging at 6 amp each. It's nice to have a little extra power to play with if you need it though. (truer, lathe..)

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
lrp power supply 115.00
team much more charger does lipos and nmh 185.00

·
AKA Rusty NutZ
1,138 Posts
the radio shack power supply is only $100 so in my poinion is worth getting. even if you only run one charger, you can still put another one on it later on.

Rusty NutZ

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DIRTsportman

Great idea!! Is there an easy way to determine the poles (positive, negative) on the wires going into the charger?? One wire has a white stripe on its length.

Thanks

Canadian

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Stormer Hobbies has a nice 20 amp power supply for 59.99. I would look at getting a used turbo 35BL. You can usually find one for about $150. The pitbull is nice, but with the Turbo 35 you can discharge up to 35 amps, and run motors.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The charger comes with alligator clips with the right plug on it. But if you dont have that then the wire with the stripe on it is positive.
BTW mine just stopped as well and my lhs gave me one under the 5 year warrenty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts