Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is an open-ended question, but...What voltage do you run on your track. I guessing we all run higher voltages on our drag strips and banked ovals? Lower voltages for G-Jet type cars? I run 20 volt, 4.5 Amp power supplies, one per lane on my tracks for most chassis and 14 volts for the weight-based chassis. What do you guys use?

-Paul

·
BANNED
8,199 Posts
for Hank's drag strip we use two 12 volt automotive batteries in series for a total of 24+ volts. each is rated at over 1000 cold cranking AMPs, so I consider AMPs to be unlimited.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Lower voltages for G-Jet type cars?
-Paul[/QUOTE]

from scaleauto.com

"One important note to keep in mind regarding the G-Jet: it's been carefully engineered to run on a true 12-volts of power. BSRT offers the official G-Jet 12-volt Power Supply which will give your layout more than enough power to run up to six G-Jet cars on any size HO track"

and I like 14v and T chassis LifeLike as a good starter car, some pancakes like
20-24 volts.

·
Most Interesting Member
6,313 Posts
Ideally...

12v (battery) on my small table top oval.

18v (battery) on my road course.

24v (battery) on my drag strip

Reality...

I never get to run on any of these tracks.

Power pack for my son's small Carrera oval.

Power pack on my son's Carrera drag strip.

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Varies depending on what we're running,and the drivers comfort level,but usually 18 to 21 volts.
I let most guys pick the voltage they want,individual power supplies on each lane

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Mastech PS running at 18.5 volts 30 amps on the 8 lane Marion County Raceway. Dialed down to 12 volts for g-jets.

Gary

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Adjustable power supply for 6 lanes,
G-Jets--12 to 14 volts
Aw/JL pancakes & inlines--18.8 volts
Been planning to build IROC hard body cars set up for 6 ohm Tyco X-2
wide pan chassis at lower voltage, maybe 14 to 16 volts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts