Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were hit pretty hard by several small tornados here in Columbus Ohio last week. Power was out for 5 days and I was using my generotor for temporary power for the fridge and a few lights. Could'nt get on line cause the cable was down too... Power is back on for good now they say, but I have alot of damage to my toy room and shop. This sucks big time. One whole wall of shelves were blown down with many of my cars and trucks on them, along with some stored stuff... I am just getting started cleaning up this royal mess up of broken windows, torn up siding, shingles blown off the new roof, and alot of trees and branches down everywhere !!!
Wish me luck guys, I need it !!!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Holy Cow .... Sorry to hear the horrible news Steve .... I wish ya luck..... If you have any diecast that are un-repairable ... Let us know as we all here may be able to help you getting the pieces back.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I was in Akron for the last month helping my ailing bro in law and those storms missed us. I am glad your family wasn't hurt. Good Luck getting back to normal very soon.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Good luck bro. We lost power here for a say and my son's basketball goal flipped over and hit BOTH cars. Mine was already going to the body shop from an accident where I was hit at TRU 2 weeks before. Worst part was nothing to show for it

·
Banned
565 Posts
We were heading back from NYC when the storm hit on Saturday, there were so many trees down, when we got home we were told the power was out for 2 hrs. I agree with liv n low let us know what we can do to help you replace some of your pieces.

Good luck!!!! and I am happy to hear everyone is ok.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Good luck! We lost power here, and the wind blew one of the big store-front windows out of my buddy's lawn & garden shop. It also blew a lot of branches and leaves all over the road.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Sorry to here this but happy that everyone is OK.

If you have any diecast that are un-repairable ... Let us know as we all here may be able to help you getting the pieces back.
Agreed. I'm sure our little online community here will rally around you. I'll be happy to help out if I can. :thumbsup: Good luck! :wave:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Sorry to here about the storms and the heat over there.
Let us know what you need help with.
From the Suburbs of California, we have not been hit with too many storms. Just rain as usual.
Glad everyone is ok.
Richard

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Glad you are o.k. and sorry to hear about your cars. They can be replaced but you and your family can not.

Hope you have a smooth time now.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Hey steve I agree the cars can be replaced you and your family can't and I also agree let us know if you can't fix or repair something. I have many pieces I can ship you.

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all guys from the bottom of heart... This sincerly means alot to me, knowing the support I have from here... It gives me much more motivation to get the mess cleaned up and everything back together... It sure is a depressing site !!!

I get started and get bummed and quit... Won't get much done that way !!!
Thanks again guys, so very, very much !!!

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Thank you all guys from the bottom of heart... This sincerly means alot to me, knowing the support I have from here... It gives me much more motivation to get the mess cleaned up and everything back together... It sure is a depressing site !!!

I get started and get bummed and quit... Won't get much done that way !!!
Thanks again guys, so very, very much !!!

Hey Steve I think that I speak for all of us, you are one of the best on Hobby Talk and a friend to a lot of us. When a friend is down we all step up and help each other.

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Mother Nature sure don't like Diecast Cars

Wow, steve sorry to hear what happen, great to hear you're safe and your family too....Glad to hear you got power too, I hope for the best for you buddy all will be back normal in Gods Speed....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Steve, I told you not to build your house out of straw!! :D

All that damage downright sucks! :mad: Good to hear no one was hurt. If you were closer I would come over and lend a hand with the clean up. But like others have offered, I'd be happy to replace whatever I can. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts