Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a 40cc 18" poulan wild thing chainsaw i knew when i bought it that it didnt run. I only paid 20$ for it. The guy i bought it from said he ran it for about 8hrs then put it away. He went to start it it would go. It has spark and compression what are my options to fix it.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I assume you mean "he went to start it and it would not go"? If it has been sitting for awhile with gas in it, I would drain the gas and put a little fresh mix in it and try it. You could also add a little sea foam to the new gas. If that does not help then there may be a carb issue. May just need new gaskets/diaphragms . Are you getting fuel in the primer bulb?

·
Registered
810 Posts
You stated it has compression. Have you actually used a compression gauge? Under 90psi and it will not run properly. 100+ is ideal. Do you feel any resistance when turning flywheel by hand? If it has only been run for 8 hours I doubt the seals are bad, unless it has been sitting for several years without being run. I would try a carb kit first, before tearing into the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts