Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Starship Class
11,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't really find any information on this except for a few pictures. There are other works labeled "Icarus" that were at the art festival but it seems this one may have some inspiration--at least--from Planet of the Apes.

Anybody know what it's about?

There's another picture here at this link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sharon-west/243082510/

·
Starship Class
11,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I give up. :( I can't find any information on this. I have no idea if there is any sort of connection to POTA or not. Strange if not, though. :confused:

·
Starship Class
11,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's cool, though. Thanks for sharing!
No problem. It's just something strangely familiar I'd come across that I thought others might be interested in or maybe even know something about already.

Yeah, it looks from the angle of the wings--though not so much the fuselage--that it might be intended to mate with the POTA Icarus. Maybe something definitive will turn up. Would love to know that there is a connection to the ape's movies.

·
Banned
1,657 Posts
If I had to guess, I would say that whoever built that is a fan of the Apes movies. Without even seeing the name my first thought was of the Apes spaceship.

·
Starship Class
11,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I had to guess, I would say that whoever built that is a fan of the Apes movies. Without even seeing the name my first thought was of the Apes spaceship.
Yeah! That was my impression as well from looking at the angle of the wings and the color, etc. It might even be an attempt to somewhat represent the section that is wrecked and burned in Beneath the POTA (landing gear left off due to expense).

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Did you notice the witch of the east legs, with ruby slipper under the Icarus in the photo?
I haven't found, also, any mention if it is POTA inspired, but, it sure looks that way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts