Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 4 8.2%
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spoken to Sean about the idea of making Vintage Trailers and he thinks it's not a great idea and I wanted to see what your thoughts are about the subject ???

This is a Poll for M2 Camping Trailers if you feel it's worthy enough for M2 to make ??? ....

Post Good idea or Bad idea or Not sure when you post.

How should M2 market them ???? Single or w/ Truck & Trailer Combo ???

Post what styles you think M2 should go after ...

We all know Silverstream/Airstreams are popular but do not forget M2 has to keep the line going so Painted Trailers is a must have too..

Here is some ideas I have in pics.... Post away in your thoughts

1948 Westcraft Sequoia Trailer

1950 Traveleze Travel Trailer

1954 Traveleze Travel Trailer

Silver 1953 Airstream Flying Cloud Travel Trailer

Vintage Airstream

Tear Drop Trailers

????

·
Banned
565 Posts
I think they should sell them with a truck but they should be sold for a Reasonable price, not $19.99 I say a good price would be maybe $9.99 to $11.99 if they are sold with a truck of course.. jmho

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
If he could keep them at OR BELOW hauler price, i'd be in that in a heartbeat!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: TEEEEEEEEEEEEEARDROP PULLED BY THE GMC SUBURBAN FROM LAST TRUCK SET

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I think they should sell them with a truck but they should be sold for a Reasonable price, not $19.99 I say a good price would be maybe $9.99 to $11.99 if they are sold with a truck of course.. jmho
I'm on board with that.

Speaking of being on board, some vintage boats and trailers would be most welcome too.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm on board with that.

Speaking of being on board, some vintage boats and trailers would be most welcome too.
I also spoke to Sean about the Vintage Wooden Boats.... I forgot to add them to the list of what M2 should produce in the future :D ...

Thanks for adding that to the list :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Castline already put hitches on some of the trucks. Seems there needs to be a use for them. Campers, boat trailers, car trailers, UHaul type trailers...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Seeing as many of the trucks already have trailer hitches, I think just trailers by themselves would be best, it could be a line in and of itself. Something like Auto-Trailers. Have car carriers, campers, etc., etc.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think its a great idea! But maybe they should start a trailer line with a flatbed type trailer, instead of jumping in head first. Sorta like the one "somebody" just recently built.;)

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
For a small company like M2, it takes guts to put time and money into something that's more of an accessory than a motor vehicle. But I think at least one trailer would pay off handsomely for them in the long run. Especially if it's mostly plastic. And if it were diecast - which is preferred, it would still be worth it.

M2 cars and pickups lack a ball hitch, so a trailer wouldn't be directly compatible with the current lineup. But it's worth considering for the future. Make it generic to avoid licensing issues, then sell it as a trailer/vehicle combo in a variety of colors and vehicle combinations, and in the Auto-Hauler price range. Campers smack of the kind of nostalgia collectors love.

Vintage Shasta...

Downey Pullman Camper, Deluxe Slide Roof.
One of the original truck campers.

1950 Traveleze Travel Trailer
I Love this Packard Caribbean/Traveleze combination.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Good idea. Grell did three different trailers including a pop up. Nice but plastuc and all white. Colored ones would be cool

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seems everyone likes the idea which is awesome :thumbsup:.... Now how do we convince M2 that it's a great idea that we love to add these accessories to our collection...

I personally think M2 can put them in a Truck/ Trailer Combo priced at $11.99ea to launch the idea to get everyones attention - they would sell everytime they were pegged or shelved.

IMHO they would be a huge hit for all types of collectors too since their is nothing out in the market right now in 50-60s Trailers...

Dio Builders from Farms to Beaches to Trains would buy these... These trailers will work for any setup as long as they are done properly which we know M2 would do.

After the Trailers M2 can work on Vintage Boats :thumbsup:

Then single Flat Bed Trailers for Car Hauling :thumbsup:

Then single Trailers designed for Vintage Harley / Indian Motorcycles :thumbsup:

The list goes on and on and on and on .....

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'm a huge fan of any kind of trailer and would love to see them sold as singles at the same price point as the cars are now.

The problem I see is the cost of adding a chassis with a tow hook to some of the existing castings - if they don't then we're stuck with whatever upcoming models they would be willing to provide them on. Then you have the folks that just don't want a tow hook on everything. Ideally it would be nice if all car bases were cast with a screw hole and mount locatoin for a two hook that could be provided with the trailer.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Probably a good idea, I believe I would buy it if M2 did it, but I'm voting NO because there are a lot of other cars I'd like to see them do first.

·
Registered
59 Posts
frame suggestion

What about a diecast frame, tandem axles rectangular shape. Say 16' (scale) so a plastic car hauler bed with fenders would fit, a plastic box utility style body, a camper, open utility trailer, hot dog/vending/souvenier style body, etc.

Same chassis, use the truck wheels, just the bodies are different.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I voted good idea. However, I must caveat that with not being a fan of M2 yet because I see way too many cars broken in their packaging. I agree that every diecast company has their flaws but from what I've seen, M2 has some quality control issues. Not trying to turn the flavor of this thread and admittedly, I really like their Ground Pounder series and am quite tempted to collect that line. The blue GSX I saw yesterday was incredible!

I do think that a trailer series (of any style) will work with the collectors!

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
I'm a huge fan of any kind of trailer and would love to see them sold as singles at the same price point as the cars are now.

The problem I see is the cost of adding a chassis with a tow hook to some of the existing castings - if they don't then we're stuck with whatever upcoming models they would be willing to provide them on. Then you have the folks that just don't want a tow hook on everything. Ideally it would be nice if all car bases were cast with a screw hole and mount locatoin for a two hook that could be provided with the trailer.
Just like the plow frames are done. They are easily removed.
Dan, I think your price point might be a little low, but as you said, it would get people's attention. Perhaps the line should be started with an accompanying tow vehicle and then sell the trailers separately.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Just like the plow frames are done. They are easily removed.
Dan, I think your price point might be a little low, but as you said, it would get people's attention. Perhaps the line should be started with an accompanying tow vehicle and then sell the trailers separately.
I agree with this. bring attention to the product for at least 3 runs then sell the trailers separately.
no need to open the doors on the camper trailers.
i vote yes:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I bought the Maisto F-150 police truck hauling a 55 Buick just for the trailer. I popped the hitch off the F-150 and it fit the screw holes of the M2 F-100 perfectly. It's a little large but once the trailer is attached you can't see it.

I don't know if that would be true of all M2s but if it is, they could just include a trailer hitch in with the camper.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts