Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my first kday was a good one for sure. was a total of 7 people including me there. there was 8 of the mini cases sitting out and since there was not many people they did it first come first serve and everyone got their own case and a number. the case left over case had a number and whoever had the matching number got to pick through the final case. so since there was very little people i did not mind that they did it this way, no scalpers from what i can tell just true collectors. who were looking for the super and TH cars but all of em said" they aint worth much of anything anyways so we just collect em" which is good in all honesty and even better there is not many collectors in the area. no arguing or anything like that. and i believe there was a super in 3 or 4 of the cases. so basically each group (as all of the people were a pair) got a super which is great!. i lucked out and found some goodies as well! so here is my haul!

now post yours!:wave:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Nice haul and glad to hear your first K-days was a good one. I'd go to mine if they where like that. Congrats on the hunts too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
493 Posts
went to a couple of them since one started at 8 am..got a couple of the mars rovers, but gave one to a buddy since he didnt have one and he is a completeist and one to a kid who really wanted one. He asked me a thousand times what he could give me for it since ebay prices are out of bounds. I said NOTHING as we will work it out later in trades. Made my day since it made his and his sons. Also found the TH and the super and then ofcourse all the kday cars. Seems that the three hardest to find were the rover, orange mercury cyclone, orange cadillac CTS and the white pontiac 440. Out of both stores there were only 2 supers. I had both both gave one to a collector there. All boxes did not have the TH in them..Out of three boxes i had 1..

All in all it was a great day though

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I didn't know what to expect, since this was my first event, and I was reading the other thread about it and expecting the worst. There were 19 of us for 16 cases. My son and I lucked out and did not have to pick through someone else's box. Then we dug through the leftovers afterwards. It was calm, respectful, and a lot of fun. I would post pics, but Photobucket is still down (later, I promise!).

I missed the Super Hunt (it was in round one, I got round two). But I pulled some really nice items for my own collection, items that actually fit as opposed to simply "O cool!" that I'll get tired of in a month. The list:

Phaeton (HW SHowroom 2013)
'70 GTO Convertible
Custom '62 Chevy
Altered Ego

All of those have flames.:thumbsup:

The blue Ford Thunderbolt (since my resto didn't work out so well)
Custom El Camino (looks like it belongs to Buckaroo Banzai)

I have the Mars Curiosity Rover now, and the '70 Chevy Chevelle T-Hunt.
In addition, I have the HW Showroom Nissan Titan and Ferrari 458 Spider, which are for trade.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was going to grab the thunderbolt but i know i will find it at a later date. i have one titan for trade and one of the rovers.i was going to grab the elcamino but didnt fit with the rest and put it back..looked odd everyone there was surprised that there were that many supers.everyone was like, we are all looking for that one car in all those cases and glad every group got one.dont know how many regular t-hunts there were but i dont think there was many i may have gotten the only one of those...will surely be going to the next one if they are as relaxed as this one.

·
Registered
641 Posts
My 5th k-day, dragged my dad to the event. 12 cases about 25 people, both of our numbers where called. Just found the Chevelle, and there was no hunts in the other case. Also Picked up curiosity, minion pig, and the good year van. Only 1 super that a kid got at this event but it broke a 1 & 1/2 year dryspell of having supers at the event.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I wish I could post pics but photobucket doesn't work. What are you gimuys using? All these supers everywhere else but not a one at the Kmart I went to. I at least was very please my little girl got the only hunt. It was cool to have her feel special like that.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I wouldn't have traded that car for 5 supers. Unless of course she found them. It was really our first real time getting to specifically hunt. It was priceless. She picked out some toy story cars too. She loved those.

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
The K-Days here are a pure joke... I see nothing worth the hassle of even being around the idiots that show up and fight over toys... Besides, if the pegs aren't over stocked with most of the cars pictured, ebay will be !!!
Congrats on your scores guys !!!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
i never use photobucket for pics, i use hobby talks onsite hosting. i had a video made on how to use it but for some reason it was hoppy and laggy and was not worth uploading...but basically you upload pictures to your photo album, open image(in new tab for each image if you use a browser that has tabbed browsing) then right click on image and select "copy image url/address" and then click the button that looks like a picture in the posting toolbar right above where you type and paste image into there.....

edit: i just noticed while looking at my picture none of the cars have a warning label on the front, but the silverado does! thats weird! i never noticed it on a card before. then just looked up at the cars i still have un-cracked some of them have it, surf crate and the go kart lol.

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Waste of time

Where I live was a pure joke and a Waste of my time......I even had a word or two with the manager too!.....But hey I tried, and I now know why I quit hunting HWs and JLs...I rather go online and pay the shipping....:confused:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Out here in Los Angeles it was a joke... the mamanger promised the first 6 or 7 dudes 2 cases per ticket...anyone who actually got there at 9 got 1 case and they raffeld out the last few cases... I had some choice words for an older mouther collector. Telling me I was late (I arrived at 9am on the dot), and that I should not get anything... So his idea was (i got hid 2 cases and hope to get more in the raffle and leave the rest with nothing, totally not a collector and a total Hoarder, anyone who does not get one, TOO BAD, raffle of the rest instead of making everyone happy).. there were more cases than people, so had the manager not promised those clowns 2 cases per ticket, EVERYONE would have got a case, and more for the raffle... Called the old dude out, an announced to EVERYONE that this guy would most likely have them on E-bay instead of having fellow collector to get some (he did not deny).... He stayed very quite after that and realized I was not going to take this HOarding BS...... phew

NO what I actually got was 2 Minion pigs, 1 Mailbu Hunt, el camino, Black Spyder with Tan interior, Red Porsch Boxter, the roover, and 2 trucks.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
My first Kmart collector day was pretty cool. It was very low key and everyone was friendly with each other. My wife and I got there about 8:20am we were the 2nd and 3rd person there. By 9am there were about 20 people. My My ticket # was called and I ended up getting 1 box from a case!!! There were 6 large cases total. I was thrilled with what I got!!

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Mott home so no pics. My wife and i got our number called. We both got the TH. We also got a couple Minions, Goodyear Bajas, El Caminos, Mustang and a Mars rover. I didn't hear anyone say they got a Super.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts