Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do i start. I need to rant.

Bought a wl street freaks zinger 68 firebird on ebay. Paid too much $$$.
Got insurance. The idiot that i bought it from did one the worst packaging attempts i have ever seen. :cry: Box was crushed and so was my wl 68 firebird zingers.. The dude put it in a box barely bigger than the card and put two pieces of foam on each end.

The foam left funny looking marks all over the card. Almost looks like the card got wet? Man some people have no clue.. Told the dude i wanted insurance.. Thank GOD he got that.. He did not send the wl in a protecto like i paid $$ for.

So how do i handle this. Do i need the seller to send me the insurance forms and reciets he has. Or do i have him send me a refund and then mail the car back to him?

This is a first for me as a buyer. Man what a way to start off a holiday weekend. :mad:

sorry for the whinning really wanted that car, but not squashed.

severaly bummed out

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
I think he needs to mail the insurance thingy/stuuf/receipts to you. Of sourse save the box. What a bummer.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I once shipped a glass globe lamp to a buyer from an ebay sale. They simply took the package to their post office. The PO shippedit back to my post office where is was inspected and verified damaged. I gave the post office the insurance papers and a copy the ebay auction page to justify the cost. Then the PO made a money order out to my buyer and mailed it to them. They refunded all the money, purchase price plus shipping and insurance charges.

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Was the car damaged or just the card? If the car was damaged, that's really tragic! If were talking cardboard, not so much, but you should still be due some percentage of a refund.

They look better this way anyway:

Sorry about your misfortune! Hope you get it settled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts