Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Possible Scam on TTP? Check Out This Item

Anyone familiar with the PREFERRED line from HW will know what this seller is doing. SEARCH ?Muscle Car Review Series? on TTP. Here is the link so just cut and paste it http://www.thetoypeddler.com/cgi-bin/ttp/ttpdetail_2.cgi?item_id=875098I . I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt but anyone selling as much diecast as this person should know better. You be the judge.

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That line is the more expensive line with real rubber tires. The original cars were removed and replaced with the cheaper $1 line with plastic tires. I have attached the correct in singles and the wrong as the listing shows them.

Attachments

·
Registered
995 Posts
Wow Good eye! I can't really tell on any of them but the top one, and thats just cause you pointed out the difference.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I've not seen that seller's name on TTP before. The cars in the packages are definitely the ones he says from 2003, but those are mainline series $1 cars. To my knowledge Mattel did not repack those models. Whether he did or he bought them that way is anybody's guess, but I wouldn't pay a premium price for $1 cars.

Good catch.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
That's too funny..... Great eye in what you found.

Many people are pulling these scams in repacking
$1 Cars and keeping the $5-10 Cars for themselves.

You see this alot at the Swap Meets or Flea Markets.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
That line is the more expensive line with real rubber tires. The original cars were removed and replaced with the cheaper $1 line with plastic tires. I have attached the correct in singles and the wrong as the listing shows them.
I've got the '67 Dodge Charger w/ Road 2 Ruin tampo shown as the one on the right said of the photo w/ 3 cars in it. It was in the pack when I got it but was one of the first I customized so I know it had plastic wheels on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts