Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Lovely aren't they. The Porsche Turbo is the casting I have the most variations of. Well it is my favorite casting. I absolutely love it. I still occasionally pick up a new variation on it as I build it up and up and up.

:) :D :p

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I saw a few of your pictures on the Falkensteiner pages. Since I've only been back in serious collecting for about a year and a half, there is obviously no rush, but right at the top of my list eventually has to be a genuine pre production model or colour trial. Good to see what's out there by seeing what other collectors have.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean. I didn't originally want prepros, but when I saw some of the different colors and liveries out there that were never made, I just had to go for it.

I have a good few prepros now, and am always looking at obtaining extra ones, especially at an affordable price.

This is still the prepro that I got for the best money. I picked it up at a swapmeet in the UK for £7. The seller couldn't find it in his price guide to assign a value on it, so just sold it cheap. But the red prepros were known to those that have further literature on things like that.

I did actually mention it to him and he said well done on finding a model like that. And believe me I went through absolutely everything else he had for sale to see if there was anything more like that.

There was none.

:) :D :p

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting field that is. How many prepros are usually made before a car goes into production with the final colour scheme?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts