Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Definitely a great little casting. MB has really stepped up to the plate as far as realistic castings and all the detail on a still under a buck car.

Only question I have is what makes this so "Rare" as he mentions in the auction?

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
RARE? Maybe the paints still wet? I'll bet I find one next week and three weeks after that ten of them sitting! Sitting in my cart as I run out of the store giggling like a little girl! :lol:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
944 1st gen

What color was the first gen model? I think I have the green turno version and I seem to remember having a red one. Is it red?

·
Registered
763 Posts
The porsche 944 Turbo was released as MB71 in the US range and MB59 in the ROW range in 1988 in red.

In 1992 the color was changed to metallic green.

Where it lasted until being replaced in 1995. These were the only 2 basic range releases for this model.

Although in 1990 it was available in a Porsche 3-pack in black. Versions of that one can be found with a small or large Porsche hood badge.

Of course there are other versions of this model too, but these were the common ones.

:) :D :p

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
What color was the first gen model? I think I have the green turno version and I seem to remember having a red one. Is it red?
There is no MB 1st gen, thats what the issue is...I've thought about trying to make a custom front end to make a 1st gen, but never gotten around to it

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
I must have it! I bought the MC-23 Porsche box set from FAO SCHWARZ in NYC way back when, it's got the 911, 925, 959, 944 + the transport rig.

The box turns into some kind of display :confused:

Thanks for the update!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts