Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 911 is one of my favorite sport cars and I especially like this model.
I put on new wheels and detailed it but love this color :p

I didn't realize I was doing 150, officer...

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I didn't use Future on the 911. I didn't think of it. It's just shiny yellow.

The Vette is a ZR1 done in flat black w/ clearcoat over it.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
The Hot Wheels logo on the door is just not my thing. I know that was a factory tampo, but I still wish they had not placed it right there! But I do dig your choice of wheels/ Tires and the new finish looks amazing!

That is a great photo on the black, very nice indeed!

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
The Hot Wheels logo on the door is just not my thing. I know that was a factory tampo, but I still wish they had not placed it right there! But I do dig your choice of wheels/ Tires and the new finish looks amazing!

That is a great photo on the black, very nice indeed!
I agree with Ward. Your wheel choice makes the car look great, but why did Mattel put such a tiny logo right in the middle of the door? they left too much space around it. Bad choice on their part. Your choice of wheels though, as I already said, was a good choice. Very cool.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It does stand out on that bright yellow. I've seen people talk about removing tampo w/ lighter fluid, I think, but have never tried it.

There are a couple slight imperfections in the paint and it could possibly benefit from a fresh coat anyway. I tried 3-4 times to get a good coat on another car last night though and still have to start over today on it. Clogged up my can of yellow too. :p

I've really grown fond of sports cars lately. :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hi Jitte! For removing those pesky tampos I use a Q-tip dipped in acetone.. If you dont have acetone fingernail polish remover with acetone will work also.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Lummox-fluid works!
It's more commonly known as "Carb Cleaner". Found in the auto parts section of anyplace that has an auto parts section. For removing all tampos, just spray the body down. For more precise removal, spray some into a dish (or the lid) and dip a q-tip in....
Just be careful around plastic parts. they tend to melt just a little.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Looks good. Remember the movie Bachelor Party? Tom Hanks was in it they stole this guys Porsche and it looks like the one you just did except it was black with flames.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts