Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both are by Minichamps - the 2.8 has red wheels & stripe, the 3.0, gold.

Homologation specials for racing purposes.

:wave:

Steve

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Two awesome Porsche models Steve! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Once again..........GREAT PICS!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Ya know, the more I look at the great pics of these 43's, the more I'm beginning to think I have about 1200 cars in the wrong scale... :freak: :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
SkipperC said:
Ya know, the more I look at the great pics of these 43's, the more I'm beginning to think I have about 1200 cars in the wrong scale... :freak: :thumbsup:
I think you are referring to 1/64 scale SkipperC. That's a nice scale that you can easily display 1200 cars or more without too much trouble. You just need to expand your collecting to some 1/43 scale cars that you really like so you can post some pics for us! :p

Get busy and buy a 1/43 scale car and post a pic SkipperC. :wave:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I have been checking some OLD's and finding a few things I would really like to have. I think the reason why most Americans tend to avoid the 43 scale is cost. Once again, the "bigger is better" and "I'm not paying $62 for that little thing when I can get three 1:18's for that much", way of thinking applies. As you mentioned, Stutz, the 64's are smaller and easier to display. Plus the quality and detail from JL and Greenlight are excellent. But they do not offer the same scope, cars from every genre of automobiledom, (If that's not a word, it is now :p ) that some collectors like myself would love to have models of. The other problem has to do with availability. These 43's are not available in the local WM or Target or KB or what-have-you. I'm in Grand Rapids, MI and the phone book only lists two hobby shops within 30 miles. One I've been to, and they do carry a limited amount of 43's. I asked if they had a catalogue for Dinky or Minichamps and the answer was no. Soooo, I'm going to do a little more looking around online this weekend. If I do decide to pick something up (which I probably will :rolleyes: ) I will gladly post pics.

Take care and have a great weekend! (You too, Steve!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts