Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats are most guys using for spur gears on their oval cars. I run 1/10 scale and looking to get a couple. I know there are a couple of different manufacturers that make them. Also, what tooth are you guys running on 64 pitch? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
PRS are the best quality spurs and pinions made. They are machine cut, not molded. They are not the cheapest, just the truest running gears in the hobby.

84 tooth for the 13.5 COT.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
manufacture is racer choice,they all do the same thing just different materials,kimbrough actually uses more expensive material than say prs delrin,molded versus machined.

spur gear size is pod specific, and class specific and where you want the motor located in relationship to the pivot point in the pod

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you for all the input. It is greatly appreciated. Can you guys tell a difference between the Kimbrough and the PRS?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Kimbrough's are alittle wider, and they allow you to snap on a dust cover to help protect diff from dirt. PRS are thinner and alittle lighter. As far as which is better? I prefer to stick with 1 company, so i use PRS.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
And you know this because??
ask Jay he'll give you the facts of the type of material that kimbrough uses

delrin is a very inexpensive material,its the cnc machining that is expensive with the machined gears

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
How about that old debate of the larger the spur, the better??? (better for torque)
or something like that?

Sparky

1 - 20 of 42 Posts