Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, did we determine whether Pony Power sets were a TRU exclusive or not? Reason I ask, I went into a hobby shop in Rhode Island (the place that pulls all their W/Ls and gouges for them!) and lo and behold, there was a single Pony Power set ...... what's this .... a W/L in the box???!!!! Hot dog, that's two in two days .... wait, he says the price is on the botoom of the box ...... $49.95!!!!!!! Gulp .......

Bad enough that this guy pulls his whites before the customers see them (still has the $35 boattail Riv he put out last year, by the way!), but now he's out scouring the TRU's apparently!!! If those sets are hobby exclusive as well, I'll apologize and call him a less offensive name than I'm already thinking....

Can't honestly say I'll be stopping back in his shop anytime soon.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
As far as I know they are a TRU exclusive. It's likely that he found it and is attempting to sucker someone. Anyone with half a brain would know that not one of the sets even comes close to $50 with a WL in it.

Good idea to avoid this place.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
It could be a non-mass-market exclusive. For reasons I never understood when I was at JL, TRU was lumped in with the "non-mass," or hobby-channel merchandisers, like independent distributors. Maybe it's because TRU is a specialty shop (ie all toys), unlike Target and Wal-Mart which simply have toy departments. It's just a guess though. jk

·
Registered
335 Posts
As a plug, these are some of my favorite recent releases. I love the Camaro in green and both of the Mustangs in particular.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
carnut2256 said:
Hey folks, did we determine whether Pony Power sets were a TRU exclusive or not? Reason I ask, I went into a hobby shop in Rhode Island (the place that pulls all their W/Ls and gouges for them!) and lo and behold, there was a single Pony Power set ...... what's this .... a W/L in the box???!!!! Hot dog, that's two in two days .... wait, he says the price is on the botoom of the box ...... $49.95!!!!!!! Gulp .......

Bad enough that this guy pulls his whites before the customers see them (still has the $35 boattail Riv he put out last year, by the way!), but now he's out scouring the TRU's apparently!!! If those sets are hobby exclusive as well, I'll apologize and call him a less offensive name than I'm already thinking....

Can't honestly say I'll be stopping back in his shop anytime soon.
I was asked to name this shop, and I did, but apparently that's not allowed on the board..... Bobby, if I had something nice to say about him, would you have allowed me to post his info then? Honest question.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts