Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard of buffing a car model or using a clear coat and polishing it but have never tried does any one have any ideas or instruction i saw on line lots of people using Mop-n-glo. I have used a model wax in the past.Thank Bob

P.s. I perfer to use spray cans airbrush is hard for me to clean due to the fact i am in a wheelchair so spray cans are easier.

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
I use the MicroMesh (or comparable) polishing system. It consists of about 8 different grades of polishing cloths (the finest is 12000...doesn't even feel like there's any grit to it, but man does it bring out the shine!). The coarser grades will level "orange peel" and suface imperfections. All grades are best used wet to keep the cloth from clogging and leaving deep scratches in your finish. Final step is the model car wax you mentioned. Yes, it IS time consuming, but I've got a couple of show winners on my shelf as a result.

BTW, I also used this method on the floor of my Polar Jupiter II (I modeled it after the pilot episode when the ship was brand new).

'Frets

1 - 3 of 3 Posts