Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still needs a lot of polishing and detailing. I may hit it with a coat of transparent blue, but if I get the shine out of it I want, I will leave it and do a 2nd one.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
turning out nice! a ton of work but will be worth it, transparent blue would be nice. im thinking about buying some HOK kandy paint to make sorta spectrflame finish on my own cars....

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Looking good.... If you do plan on leaving it as a Polished Car, make sure you clear coat it so it wont turn back to a blah zamac

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I've done one or two of these and have used Krylon Triple Clear Galze on them. I only recently started using Future. Would that work to protect the finish? Would it be as good as the KTCG?

·
Registered
97 Posts
It might look cool if you put the red stripes back on and then the clear. Just a thought. I saw the chrome 1:50 Batmobile at Toys r Us yesterday and it was pretty awesome.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I agree with Fenders 506 the red stripe would look cool. Floor wax will work fine. If you can get your hands on commercial grade floor wax (Non Buffing) that would be great, try to get something with a high solids content 23% or higher. I used to have some 29 % solids and I used it for every thing. It kicked butt and the shine lasts a long time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts