Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Police Called At Indy Slots Sunday

After a few days have went by i think its time for the RC community to know what kind of business man and person Doug "the owner" is. Sunday afternoon i went to Indy slots to drop off some used parts a guy purchased from me. The guy did not have a chassis to run for himself he was using a friends. I sold him a top of the line chassis with 4 tires, body and and extra chassis for 75 DOLLARS!!!!!! I also had some extra motors and tires for sale as well. All stuff was used, the motors were older and served no purpose for me but were great for your average joe, which most of the guys at his track are. I would feel safe saying most of the RC community are medium to low income guys just trying to have some fun. Nothing wrong with that hell i am one of them but if these kind of rc racers cant get used quality stuff they will be out of the hobby very fast because Lets face it, its a very expensive hobby. So i had my box next to a good friend of mine that has been racing longer then i have "i have been in it for 15 plus years" sold 2 19 turn motors for 10 dollars each and 5 sets of ready to run Jaco foams for 5 dollars each. This track and hobby shop does not carry any 10th scale oval parts. I thought i was doing the racers and hobby a good thing by selling parts very cheap. While i was there i noticed that track looked fun and told Mr. Moss i was going to come back and race next weekend. Not 5 minutes later the owner of the business walked over and asked if i was selling parts in his shop, i said kindly yes, they are all used stuff i dont have a need for anymore, do you have a problem with that? "as everybody knows on this board this is very common at all RC tracks" He said yes with a very loud voice, get your sh#t and get the f7ck out of my shop. I replied, i have no problem putting my stuff away if you have a problem with it, he said yeah i do have a F78king problem with it and i said get out of my store or i am calling the police. That is when i said ok fine i can see where this coversation is going no problem i will get my stuff and leave but please understand i planned on being here to watch your races for about an hour so i let my GF use my car to goto the Walmart right done the street. He said I dont care stand outside in the f67king cold. "which it was about 15 degree with a windchild of below zero" I walked away because i was not going to let my temper get to the point his was. He came back over and said do you think i am joking, i kindly replied again nope but i am not standing outside the building in the cold, i am going to wait tell my GF comes back which i have already called and she is checking out. and then i will leave. He said you must think i am a joke i will call the cops and they will throw you out! So that he did called the cops like a over grown 3 year old and they came and said you have to leave. I said not a problem went a few stores down to local bar and played some pool for about 10 min. and left.
I do not know the full store but i heard he asked a handycapped man to leave because he was not buying any parts, he was just there to watch his son race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe the racer or his father can post here as well.

Now, I look at this owner and say what are you doing for the hobby or sport. I look at the distributors and ask why would you wont your product in his hobby shop? Why would you want to help him sell parts so he can treat people like this. Speaking to all the distributors out there maybe when this guy calls in the next time ask yourself would i want to be treated like this at the track and do i want to support/supply a track like this? And to the racers the only way this guy will learn not to treat people like this is if you dont support him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Erich

·
leadingedgerccars.com
3,201 Posts
yea but there's more to this story.i know doug and your dad has had a few words about him selling parts there and bringing his trailer there also.he probly heard that you were his son and took it out on you.but i do agree with you that place is something else.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
i'm not bashing either party i see both sides i was there.I think it definitly could have been handled differently ! not a good pr move . matt is right though some of the guys just can't go out and spend alot of money on this stuff and buying used may be the only way to get it.I don't think i have ever been to a race where used parts wasn't changing hands ! i have raced there the last two sundays had a great time,isn't that why we are in this hobby to do anyway !

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Dose this guy require you buy all your parts from him or you can't race. this guy is an idiot. I would have punch him and ended up in jail no one yells at me exept my moma.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i had a good time there too. if there was another place to race on sundays around indy i might try it. i like new castle but im not up to par on equiment or talent. i like to race,but not into for blood like some guys. i agree he handled it wrong. his house his rules

·
Registered
595 Posts
I can see the owners side of it. Some one shows up hasn't raced there before and starts selling stuff. I think it would have been different if it was a regular racer selling used stuff to guys who can't afford or don't want to buy new. Just my thoughts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yokman- actually my Dad should up on saturday told the guy he going to race the on sunday and bring his trailer, he said he would not be selling any parts he just wanted to race the guy said that is cool not a problem, well when he showed up sunday the guy changed his mind and didnt want him even racing!!!!!!! it would be a completely different story if Doug had parts for pan cars but he doesnt, I also told him i was going to race the next weekend because i like the facility, i didnt just show up to sell parts i had a car that a racer at the track wanted to buy so we agreed to meet at the track, i thought i was doing the racers good by selling good parts for very cheap but i guess he was wrong, If he doesnt have the parts what difference does it matter if the guy buys it online, hobbytown or somebody at the track he will not have the product.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well just keep all your buddies from buying and racing at this place and in a few weeks he will wonder where his racers and patrons have gone. Back in the old days he could get away with that stuff but with the interent and lots of online shops and tracks wanting you hard earned money you don't have to put up with that stuff.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I was planning on running there after the birds sometime, never will i step foot in that joint,,,,,,,,,,real dick

C3

·
Registered
39 Posts
I Am Not Supporting The Way Doug Acted,but It Is Not Just A Track To Him It Is A Place Of Buiness. I Do Not Think That By The Pancar Class Not Showing Up Is Going To Make Or Break Him. The People It Really Hurts Is Beginner Oval Racers Like Me Not To Have 4 Or 5 Guys To Race With. I Would Be Just As Happy Going To New Castle And Getting Lapped 10 Times And Here People Complain About Being In The Way Wrecking Other Cars. At Least Here You Know What You Are Going To Get.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
say u burnt your speedo up and broke both outside tires during a wreck, u were running low on coin, i offered to sell u some used stuff, this guy over hears me, if he acted like that i would hav to call someone to bail me out, PERIOD, was really looking forward to runnin there sometime, stay over after a moose race,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i would throw no one out in the cold!

C3

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have been racing for a bout 10 years, seen used stuff come and go...My opinion is that if the track owner is really interested in having the reacing interest grow He would agree to let people sell stuff to new racers, shoot even old racers...Hell I bought my first t2 truck from a track racer with the help of the track owner...I promotes stability in the reacer buying stuff that he can get help and or stuff cheaply enough to still afford to race. I think the owner was wrong and If it were me I wouldn't race there anymore and tell everyone else the same...Sounds like a tyrant and doesn't want any conflict with the things beinf sold or bought at his track. Especially since he doesn't have the stuff needed...Does He himself sell used/cheap items to the public?

just my 2 cents...i wanna see new guys coming into the sport no matter how they get there stuff...

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
:rolleyes: WHEW thats nuts.. Doesnt sound like the kind of enviornment Id want to go race in.. Mark that one off the list..

Im with the above..Ill sell used stuff to guys from time to time.. Heck I GIVE stuff away to some people.. Just to keep the hobby alive.. Had I been there racing and not involved I probably would have left just seeing that go down..

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree its not just a race track its a place of business for him! I own a mortgage company and do you think that when somebody gets a better rate or is happier with another company I call the cops on them and throw them outside in the cold, NO because I am professional and have business edict and think before i speak. You dont treat people like this whether your an employee,friend,business owner or a homeless man! I live by these two quotes

Everybody puts there pants on one leg at a time no matter how much money they make......

What goes around comes around.........

·
Registered
39 Posts
LIKE I SAID IM NOT BACKING ANYONE HERE. HE IS LOOKING AT THE POINT OF VEIW OF SOMEONE SELLING SOMETHING IN HIS STORE THATS NOT HIS. HE DOESNT CARE IF YOU DO IT OUTSIDE THE STORE. I Also own a business. i have a auto glass company and i would not like it if someone sold glass in my shop. again he could of been more polite.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
SELBE said:
LIKE I SAID IM NOT BACKING ANYONE HERE. HE IS LOOKING AT THE POINT OF VEIW OF SOMEONE SELLING SOMETHING IN HIS STORE THATS NOT HIS. HE DOESNT CARE IF YOU DO IT OUTSIDE THE STORE. I Also own a business. i have a auto glass company and i would not like it if someone sold glass in my shop. again he could of been more polite.

wow what a place

The rc world is different. I can see if a guy is selling NIp stuff. But selling off used stuff. That is fine.

another thing is how can you have a track and not have parts for the cars that run on it.

I don't know this is just messed up.

·
Premium Member
1,856 Posts
Muddd,
You like the local gray bar motel, 3 squares a day, you'd make a month out of it and have more friends to boot after you got out. That how you do's.
Toledo

·
Team ThunderBolt
2,981 Posts
I've raced at Indy Slots

small track, very small but it was fun to race at.

I don't know the owner, but if i was he
yes i would have done it different.

Think about this would you want someone to come into your home
that you have never meet and stick his hand in the cookie jar and take out your favorite sugar cookies ( man i'm hungry)
and eat 1 or 2.............no
NO i wouldn't call the police
but i would ask him to leave.

at Race Street in New Castle
i've never seen the police show up at the track....
the bar maybe but not the track

they don't have a hobby shop so if you want to sell anything just let me know so i can get my 10%

I have some stuff to sell
so if ya want to meet up
at Indy Slots let me know
he he he he

1 - 20 of 48 Posts