Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum,I went under the name of MODELGUY before but my computer is down for now.I hope 2005 will have some great releases for figure kits.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm with kitguy.....I'm mainly interested in the figure kits. While Polar Lights has produced the only kits my budget allows, it's been pretty boring lately! I still have the Aurora repro of Phantom of the Opera and Zorro high on my 'wish list'!

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Can't agree more with you guys! Sure hope Captain America isn't the single token figure kit this year. To be honest I wasn't happy with the way Spiderman turned out - seemed he became pudgier, the spider emblem looked changed to look more like a tick, etc, (all the things we've discussed here before).

I know Polar Lights has gone through most of the Aurora catalogue that they feel would sell well, (Although I think they're underestimating the appeal of Big Frankie, Dr. Jeckyll, etc). So why not release a few more originals? Models like Robby the Robot, Michaels Myers, Bowen Wolfman, Godzilla were really great kits that are as good - and sometimes better - in sculpting, box art and fit as anything Aurora ever released.

So come on PL: Bring back the magic - MORE FIGURE KITS! PLEASE!

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
welcome Kitguy . i'll chime in too for MORE FIGURE KITS . and while i'm at it ,BIG FRANKIE BIG FRANKIE BIG FRANKIE .
whoo , now that feels better .
hb

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
AFILMDUDE said:
Can't agree more with you guys! Sure hope Captain America isn't the single token figure kit this year. To be honest I wasn't happy with the way Spiderman turned out - seemed he became pudgier, the spider emblem looked changed to look more like a tick, etc, (all the things we've discussed here before).

I know Polar Lights has gone through most of the Aurora catalogue that they feel would sell well, (Although I think they're underestimating the appeal of Big Frankie, Dr. Jeckyll, etc). So why not release a few more originals? Models like Robby the Robot, Michaels Myers, Bowen Wolfman, Godzilla were really great kits that are as good - and sometimes better - in sculpting, box art and fit as anything Aurora ever released.

So come on PL: Bring back the magic - MORE FIGURE KITS! PLEASE!
I believe recently Tom Lowe had said that he had re-released all the Aurora Kits that he could..which again to me, was LAUGHABLE, since I agree that they GREATLY underestimated the Jekyll & the big frankie..with the advent of PL's Sale..Im not OPTIMISTIC that any further figure or sci Fi Kits from PL will be produced..but you never know..I could be WRONG

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The Show in Las Vegas??

Has the show in Las Vegas occured yet or is it later on this month? If it has occured what other announcements if any other than the 1/1000 NX-01 were made??

·
Starship Class
12,111 Posts
eradicator said:
Has the show in Las Vegas occured yet or is it later on this month? If it has occured what other announcements if any other than the 1/1000 NX-01 were made??
A 1/350th scale version of the TOS 1701 was announced . . .

I WISH! :jest:

·
Registered
311 Posts
eradicator said:
The show in Vegas starts today (October 7). As soon as somebody posts some photos on the internet, please let us know where to see them.

·
Starship Class
12,111 Posts
^^GREAT! So we can expect official and complete announcements soon!

·
Starship Class
12,111 Posts
Dang it! I keep getting notices of replies to this thread and think that there's been some news and it's just us talking to ourselves!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
starshipmodeler.com has reported today that PL has bumped the release date for the refit_e and the Scorpion kit to January 2005. Plus they announced a snap kit of the NX-01 later next year.

There was also some talk about the release of some of ERTL's old Star Wars kits by the end of the year, and new ones from Episode Three next year.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts