Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished this up tonight betwen two other kits that are on my bench.I tried to get it as close as possible to box art,But will let you all be the Judge and let me know how it came out.

 

·
Curmudgeon
Joined
·
6,622 Posts
Sweet! Considering The Forgotten Prisoner was my very first model back in 196?, I'm kinda partial to it. I love seeing the various ways modelers build/paint/customize this kit. Strong work Wolfman! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,635 Posts
I love the colors! Can I suggest a little really light purple drybrushing over the existing purple? The details of the wall will really pop!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,930 Posts
Looks "Aces" Wolf, makes mine look amateurish, but before I got on the forum who knew about 'shading', etc. ! ? Good interpretation !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,331 Posts
F91 said:
I love the colors! Can I suggest a little really light purple drybrushing over the existing purple? The details of the wall will really pop!
I can see some other colors in there from the base coat. The purple kind of threw me for a loop for a sec, but it does match the box! Good job in recreating it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
656 Posts
Very nice! I've never seen a Prisoner model painted this way in real life. I wonder — and this is no criticism to those who opt for this painting treatment — if the model painted this way might look better in a photo that in reality. When you look at it in a photo (such as this one) it does looks very impressive, though.

Question: What did you paint the inside of the skull? From the photo, it looks like just plain black. Yes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Frankie Boy said:
Very nice! I've never seen a Prisoner model painted this way in real life. I wonder — and this is no criticism to those who opt for this painting treatment — if the model painted this way might look better in a photo that in reality. When you look at it in a photo (such as this one) it does looks very impressive, though.

Question: What did you paint the inside of the skull? From the photo, it looks like just plain black. Yes?
Thanks Guys for the compliments on my Prisoner here and Frankie-boy the inside of the skull was wasnt painted black its the color of the styrene wich is grey.I guess the way the pics were taken kinda gave it that black hollow look to wich is great for me cause putting this guy together was some what a of task here :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,214 Posts
All of your models are so excellent, I have the highest praise and thank you for posting. Your ideas are often unique but always well done!!!

Im sure someone has asked you this before, but how do you continue to produce so many finished model kits? I love to build but maybe only build 10 a year! Even at that, Im out of display room. Wolfman, you are an Amazing Modeler!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
aurora fan said:
All of your models are so excellent, I have the highest praise and thank you for posting. Your ideas are often unique but always well done!!!

Im sure someone has asked you this before, but how do you continue to produce so many finished model kits? I love to build but maybe only build 10 a year! Even at that, Im out of display room. Wolfman, you are an Amazing Modeler!
Thanks for the compliments.As for building so many kits,I have a rotating shift at work and that helps alot on building my kits and plus the weekends well basiaclly its build a kit weekend for me wich is fun :) .I been doing this for a long time and my skills at painting have gotten lot better over the past year thanks to (Buzzconroy) :) .He showed me alot on the do's and donts when painting up kits.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the compliments Mark and yes was try to get it as close as possible to box art,But to be honest with ya it was a pain in the rear to do. :)
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top