Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of my Polar Lights Spindrift kit.
I built and painted this kit when it first came out back in 2000/2001
This was before i discovered Tamiya paints,so i used a redish orange spray from the hardware store & Testors bottled euro Gray & Light ghost gray for the stripes,however the hull looks more red in the pics.The side hatch is opened in the pics,But i keep it closed for display & I think Polar did a great job improving the fit of the top half of the hull to the bottom(It fits much more snug.)another classic sci-fi kit i didn't think would ever see the light of day,But thanks to Polar Lights,I got to build it again!:thumbsup:
Link to my spindrift album below.

http://yfrog.com/b9sany0013sjx

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Nice job...this is one of my all time favorite kits ..I bought a bunch of them when they came out, and recently built another one with some aftermarket parts to make the cockpit look more accurate..

Z

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks zathros!
I still have another Polar Lights kit sealed up,And a 1975 Aurora version unbuilt in the box.
When i did this kit,I was sweating bullets painting the C detailing on each side of the top hull:freak: As a kid i built the 1975 version with the decals for the c logo,And didn't know the original had the raised detailing instead.But i think i pulled it off though.This kit is also the chase version that was molded in white.:)

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Excellent job on such a tiny ship (;)), which looks great with the hatch either open or closed! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Excellent job on such a tiny ship (;)), which looks great with the hatch either open or closed! :thumbsup:
Thanks seaview,& Hopefully we'll all see a more accurate and bigger scaled Spindrift in the near future!
This was a chaser kit originally molded in white plastic,And i had a hard time trying to match a close shade of pale green for the interior at the time.I wished i had known about Tamiya's Gray/green spray when i was working on this kit. that color works great for the light green detailing in the Moebius J2.;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi,

I ran across this post about the PL Spindrift, and all the resin parts different companies made for it. I happen to have pulled out my old PL Spindrift. I have the cockpit parts and seats and dome, and lighting grills. I was wondering if anyone had the instruction for the resin cockpit, -as a black hole swallowed mine- and if you would be willing to send me a copy.
I'd be greatly apreciative!

Thanks in advance,

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts