Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in getting the model gods at Polar Lights to see about making a kit of the GUNSTAR, from "The Last Starfighter".

I submitted the idea, but alas, nothing yet. I figure if they can get the licensing for a kit of the C57-D from Forbidden Planet, a GUNSTAR might be possible. Just throwing this into the wind, to see if anyone else thinks it might be a good kit to make. A good size scale kit with the wing panels that fold out for display would be nice.

Thanks gang! :wave:

·
Oxidation Genius
31,253 Posts
Well, there are already a couple of resin kits of the Gunstar out there, if you can afford them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
John P said:
Well, there are already a couple of resin kits of the Gunstar out there, if you can afford them.
Yes and they are a little too small! :(

Scorpitat, I would not hesitate to purchase a mass produced, plastic version, "Gunstar". I thought it was an interesting ship the first time I saw it! And when it opened up and let loose.....WOW!

So here is a vote to "throw into the wind".

Later, Petseal :wave:

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Personally, I've vote for both! The Gunstar is beyond cool, but the Protector rules! (Not that stupid shuttlepod they used, though...)

Larry

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
petseal said:
Yes and they are a little too small! :(

Scorpitat, I would not hesitate to purchase a mass produced, plastic version, "Gunstar". I thought it was an interesting ship the first time I saw it! And when it opened up and let loose.....WOW!

So here is a vote to "throw into the wind".

Later, Petseal :wave:
Have you SEEN the one from Monsters in Motion??? It's HUGE! :freak:

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/3387

·
Oxidation Genius
31,253 Posts
God, I hate MiM's new website. It doesn't even work with Netscape.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Me, too! It's flustrating. I don't know what was so wrong with the original layout that they felt they had to change it.

The new one is a nightmare to navigate. When a page loads up, it looks empty until you scroll WAY down.

I wonder how many orders they've lost due to folks just giving up and throwing their hands up in frustration.

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The MiM Gunstar looks very impressive, but the cost is a killer. I was just thinking that if PL can do the NX-01 in the huge scale it is, a good sized Gunstar made by them would be detailed, and not as costly. PL pays attention to details, ( although some aztec patterns on the NX-01 would have been a welcome addition ), so I thought of them for a Gunstar kit.

If a few others dropped a line to them, maybe the gunstar kit could become a reality.
Hey, maybe even a small Starlight Starbright Trailer Court sign beside it. hehehe

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Scorpitat said:
I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in getting the model gods at Polar Lights to see about making a kit of the GUNSTAR, from "The Last Starfighter".

I submitted the idea, but alas, nothing yet. I figure if they can get the licensing for a kit of the C57-D from Forbidden Planet, a GUNSTAR might be possible. Just throwing this into the wind, to see if anyone else thinks it might be a good kit to make. A good size scale kit with the wing panels that fold out for display would be nice.

Thanks gang! :wave:
I think after the RC2 takeover, getting polar lights to even listen to us will be a chore. Polar Lights when on their own had great customer service, Now that RC2 is running they could care less about us modelers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts