Hobbyist Forums banner
261 - 273 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Looks like you're having fun!

I wish a mass marketed model manufacturer would take the time and effort to create that much detail in their kits... I wonder if any are reading this? But then what fun would you be having?

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
Steve244 said:
I wish a mass marketed model manufacturer would take the time and effort to create that much detail in their kits... I wonder if any are reading this?
That would be nice, but last night when I had all this stuff sitting in the lower hull, I picked it up! Never considered the weight of this project after installing all the new interiors, on my home kitchen scale it weights in at 10 ounces right now, have no idea what is going to weight when its finished. May have to build a stand to fit under the fusion drive to support the finished ship, so the landing legs don't collapse.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 · (Edited)
Have 4 new photos on the web page
http://hstrial-rhargrave.homestead.com/photo_gallery2.html
the new shots show the computer memory banks, Co2 room, finished storage bays, and a shot of the almost finished elevator and ladder area. I will be busy the next 5 weeks attending the Facility Training Officer Academy, and taking the American Heart Assc. Heart saver course to become and instructor in CPR and first aid. So little to no work will be done till this is over, I have a book 4 inches thick to commit to memory in two weeks. Heck I don't even remember what I had for lunch yesterday....

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
happy happy joy joy what lengths we go to make sense out of IA's universe!

Some great material for psychologists here. No I'm not mocking; I suffer the same obsession and you're not helping!

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
No Pics, just talk

It's been a long week, between work and cracking the books. But today I took a small break, and did some work on the Jupiter-2. Now the freezer storage compartment is finished, the access doors to the memory banks through the landing gear well are installed. I worked out how to build the power storage cells and started a couple of them. Maybe during the week when I take a study break, I'll fabricate a couple of power cells, to relax and recharge my own battery. When I finish this level (which by the way has had several changes from the original full scale drawing I did). I'm considering doing a new scale drawing for adding my lower level interior to the Polar Lights Jupiter 2. I'm considering making some changes to the design (which it's to late to try and do to my project) such as aligning the mystery hallway with the right hand landing gear well, giving the galley the correct side wall angles. These changes will have to be studied to see what effect they may have on the layout of the upper deck. If the changes are to extreme then the design will stay as is. The drawing will including some of the main measurements, maybe include scale templates drawn on the sheet for the main wall panels, and if I can remember it all a list of some of the main materials used. Basically the same stuff you can see if you go to the web site. If this idea comes about, and after viewing the finished drawing (I'll load a copy to the web site when I get done). If anyone at that time would like a full size copy, it would be price of making a copy, plus cost of a mailing tube, and postage your choice priority mail or regular mail. Again that's if anyone would be interested in the finished drawing when I get it done. If you've enjoyed the build project, and like the result this would be helpful in doing your own conversion, if anyone is ever so inclined to attempt this much work. I might reconsider this project if I had any idea it was going to take this long just to do the lower level. The one big change I would make is the landing gear wells. I would only cut out the one I was going to use for the exit to the landing gear stairwell, the rest I'd leave solid so there would be no holes in the sleeping quarters area that I'll have to fill in later. :(

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #266 ·
There are 2 new photos on the web page, showing many of the scratch built parts for the galley food processor, the pump room, power storage cells, and power generating room.
I had hoped to finish all these areas before posting PICS, but I'm out of time at work and home. At the end of this month the web site will auto shut down (if there is something you were wanting to get and have not done it, do it soon). I don't have time for modeling, checking web sites and keeping up my site, along with home projects. So something has to give. Also I'll have to wait and see what happens with the hobbytalk site where all these posts are stored. If it stays around I may post updates every once in a while as time permits (but only finished shots). Please no emails, no questions, I'm just running low on personal time for home, work, and private time (building projects). And I will still try to post updates from time to time if the PL J-2 message site is still around. And someday I may even get this project finished, who knows. Its only been 6 months of real work on it so far, so maybe another year. I expect the upper level to take as long or longer to complete.
http://hstrial-rhargrave.homestead.com/photo_gallery2.html

261 - 273 of 273 Posts