Hobbyist Forums banner

Polar Lights Jupiter 2 build

7K views 44 replies 9 participants last post by  Captain Han Solo 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I am doing a Polar Lights Jupiter 2 build for a client. It will be a static build, Pretty much straight from the box.

With the exception of the correct Pilot seats, Accurate Astrogator and better elevator cages..Also the client requested the model be completed in an in-flight mode..so I will be filling in the slight indentations in the landing gear wells.

I have already primed the major parts, Removed those terrible molded in "bench seats", filled in the area and sanded it smooth.

More to come.....

See less See more
#4 ·
Yes Sir,

The top will be removable, so will the rest of the upper hull, so the client can view the lower deck.

I reall don't know my client's intentions in regards to his display idea, he told me he wants the ship in flight mode.
Worked on it today...Waiting for paint to dry before proceeding. I will post more pics when there is something of interest to show.

I have to say, Even though it's interior detailing dosen't compare with the Moebius Jupiter 2, It's still a great model! Thanks to the talents of Ron Gross, who helped make this kit happen!!

#9 ·
I have to say, Even though it's interior detailing dosen't compare with the Moebius Jupiter 2, It's still a great model! Thanks to the talents of Ron Gross, who helped make this kit happen!!

It really is not a bad kit. I finally finished mine 2 years ago. It can be "prettied"
up a bit but builds nice out of the box. I would love to get a Moebius J-2 but its just too big!

Does your kit have the corrected airlock door?

#14 ·
I'm glad they fixed it.

I'm given to understand that PL never fixed the neck of the small Klingon kit so I always wondered if they fixed the J-2 door.

That brings up another question, just how many J-2s did PL sell? they must have had at least 2 runs for them to fix the door.

#25 ·
Again, Many thanks.

I will not be adding anything special to the lower level. I will be doing this build, like all my client builds, per the client.
The only change will be the addition of an accurate elevator cage(both upper and lower), the correct flight seats and a new Astrogator.

Hopefully this will be an enjoyable thread, despite this.

#41 ·
The PL J2 for the money back in 1998 when it came out was a damn good model for the money. I still got the receipt and it was only $23.99 at my local hobby shop. A model although not accurate especially with those horrible seats but it came with alot of parts. Your client will be very happy cause it looks great.

#42 · (Edited)
I got mine a couple of years ago for $50 with shipping, and it presented/presents such possibilities that I'm still so glad I bought it (I'm also glad the economy was such that I could afford it back then, such is not the case today).:rolleyes:
When I eventually get to finishing her up, you all will be the first to know....

Oh, and the Captain's work on his season one Moebius J2 influenced me heavily. Not that I can hope to come close, but I thank him all the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.