Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys...it's been a while since I posted, but I have been busy dealing with both health issues and some work. I have gotten to know a lot of you guys over the years, so I wanted you to know that I had a lucky break. I sent Round 2 samples of my art and I apparently I impressed Jamie Hood there and he asked me to do the art print for the model kit. So I did the car and their artist put it into the blue print background. But it was great news and my big break and I wanted to share it with you all. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at [email protected].

Attachments

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
wow. thats way cool. the artwork is amazing!
the Black Beauty never looked better. now get better soon &
congratulations!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Congratz Ken! I'm an artist also, and can still remember getting my stuff published for the first time-- CLOUD 9 TIME! :thumbsup: What medium do you work in?

·
Banned
2,726 Posts
Hi Guys...it's been a while since I posted, but I have been busy dealing with both health issues and some work. I have gotten to know a lot of you guys over the years, so I wanted you to know that I had a lucky break. I sent Round 2 samples of my art and I apparently I impressed Jamie Hood there and he asked me to do the art print for the model kit. So I did the car and their artist put it into the blue print background. But it was great news and my big break and I wanted to share it with you all. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at [email protected].
Nice work,you got the chrome side gutters on the top,but you missed the chrome trim line from the top of the front fender all the way down to the back bumper.I dont know why everybody misses that,it's on the car in the series,but when they did the restoration they omitted that,strange.

·
Registered
59 Posts
There were two Black Beauties made one was gloss black and one was flat black, from all the pictures I looked at it appears that the gloss black car had the chrome strip on top of the fenders and the flat black car did not.

·
Banned
2,726 Posts
There were two Black Beauties made one was gloss black and one was flat black, from all the pictures I looked at it appears that the gloss black car had the chrome strip on top of the fenders and the flat black car did not.

Both car 1 and 2 were the same color when filmed for the show.The 1 car was restored by Dean Jaffries in the 80's and was repainted gloss black,without the strip.Sometime during the filming of the show,the cars were sprayed with a flat coat to cut down on reflection during filming,which was taking longer to light and costing money.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Interesting video on YouTube about the Black Beauty number 2. This car has the chrome strips on top of the beltline.

Here is a video of the original car, restored by Dean Jefferies which appears to NOT have the chrome strip on the top of the beltline.

Looks to me like, either way, Ken got it right in his artists renderings.

So, let's just quit calling Ken out publicly and just enjoy his wonderful artwork. If you want to bust his chops, do it in PM's !!!

·
Banned
2,726 Posts
First,no one is calling any one out for anything,I'm merely pointing out an omission on the part of the artist.Second,please dont tell me what to do.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I'm not TELLING you what to do. I simply made the suggestion of doing nothing more than appreciating the man's artwork and his accomplishment at getting his art published and not making negative comments about it. If you took offense at that.........good.

Mo

·
Banned
1,353 Posts
....lol....lol...."WHOO WOOO"......I have a new Battle Axe I have been DIEING TO USE,..So,.. can I come with you on this one Mo ????,..lol...lol..I cant name the last time I have stormed a castle my self,...lol...Has to have been YEARS,...lol..lol.......Sounds like a LOT OF FUN TO ME, But what do we do when we get there, WILL THERE BE A VIRGINS ??????? ...Oh Well,....
Count me in Anyway my friend, even it there are NONE LEFT IN THE WORLD,...Might be some spoils to be had anyway,.........lol...lol...

Ian

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
..this is why I quit reading certain threads. The artwork to me was great, he rendered a version of the car if nothing else.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Ian, lmao, no need to storm the castle with mordern day weaponry. Still, it might be fun. The point is, falcondesigns, since I have to spell this out, you could have simply said something like this:

"Wow, nice work, I have been a fan of the Green Hornet and his Black Beauty since I was a kid. In my research I have found that there are actually two different versions of the 1:1 car. The restored version, which you have rendered here perfectly in its flat black paint, and the original TV show version which was gloss black and had a chrome strip on the top of the front fenders that ran the length of the car, over the doors, the rear quarter and down to the rear bumper. Once Polar Lights releases this kit, you can easily do both versions! Again, great job on the restored version of the car, which was, by the way, restored by the same person who built the originals, Dean Jefferies." Instead of being so critical of his, surely, hundreds of hours of work, by saying;

"Nice work,you got the chrome side gutters on the top,but you missed the chrome trim line from the top of the front fender all the way down to the back bumper.I dont know why everybody misses that,it's on the car in the series,but when they did the restoration they omitted that,strange."

That, to me, is being overly critical of a mans hard work and dedication.

I guess it's okay for YOU to be critical but if someone calls you on it, that is a horse of a different color, eh?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts