Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a lighting kit for this model. The only one I can find is the movie-quality, remote controlled kit for about $300. I don't want to spend that much money. Any suggestions for a cheaper kit or some good instructions for doing it myself?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,065 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered the Combo-MVE from TenaControls and I'm having some trouble with the directions. They seem incomplete and the grammar is poor.

I apologize if my questions seem stupid. I took an electronics course in the 80's, so I do understand basic circuits. But I'm 60 years old and I struggle with some of the assumptions in instructions.

My first question is regarding the wiring of the components. There is a 10 ribbon cable. I assume I'm supposed to split and strip as needed to connect the diodes. Is that correct? There is also a length of plastic tubing with no indication of what I'm supposed to do with it. Logically, I'd use it to bundle the wires.

Second, let's look at the placement of the diodes on the upper saucer section. LED1, LED3, and LED5 are located where a clear plastic piece is, but there is a wall on the saucer section that blocks the LED light from lighting the clear plastic piece. Am I supposed to cut the plastic so the the LED can light that? A similar problem with the lower saucer section and LED2, LED4, and LED9.

I appreciate any helpful input as to how to use this wiring kit.

Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts