Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not buying it. It is way out of my price range. The Gremlin is cool but I decided to go on a Ebay diet to build my PayPal for a set of side mirrors for my 1:1. We will see how long it lasts. lol

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
no feedback and not history.very very fishy.i do not like the way that base is.if the guys works in a metal shop he can make one to find a posin pinto he had.would not touch that acustion with a 10 foot pole unless the guy had a good reputation.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Auctions are fake as no one will put down a user name "exmattel " ID name and not have Mattel look into the persons auction once getting word of what is posted on auction. Unless the person is just plain stupid which wouldn't shock me these days.... :lol: ... Mattel hears more than you may think of old Redlines/Prototypes being sold online. Even if this person is a ex-Mattel worker he/she would have to go through the right channels to be able to sell these items if they were so called the real deal Protos. Carson Lev (ex Mattel employee ) gave myself , Diablo_Fire ( Dave ) and Johnny the Toy Expert a ear full in Las Vegas at the last Convention Show of what a person has to do if they want to sell HW Prototypes 1/1 Cars from Mattel. The person who wants to sell them 1st has to be checked out by Mattel then 2nd the Cars have to be checked out by Mattel and then 3rd the Cars have to be logged down in the books before they can ever be released to the open market.

Too many things look fishy to me below

0 Feedbacks and having a ID user name "exmattel" should be the first clue that these Cars are fake or junk

Another thing that makes these auctions fake is what is below how the person wants to recieve the payment

Shipping & Returns: no returns
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Payment & Policy: cash, cashiers chk, money order

No one would ever drop $5,000 on a Car with a MO or Cashier Check especially from a website auction

Definitely made me laugh as too many people try to sell junk online these days, but you never know who may be so stupid to fall for the so called real deal once in a lifetime deal :rolleyes:.... More like a once in a lifetime scam for a junk HW Car... :lol:

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
You see his other cars, many 5k to 6k prices, all resin hand painted(ahhbullcrapchoo)..i'm sorry, but as a collector, why would he sell these? these are holy grails for dudes who make far more money than us, i'd keep to say i owned them.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I have heard that Mattel will go after guys trying to sell pre-production stuff. Doesnt mean the stuff isn't out there or being sold. You never know. Granted I wouldn't pay $5,000 for one even if Mattel offered it with a letter authenticity

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Two of my favorite castings!

Even if I won the lotto, I don't see me paying $5k each for them, especially when many other prototypes seem to be advertised for around $1,000-2,000. I think I would rather spend the money on an authentic white enamel Camaro instead if I felt the need to splurge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts