Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it most of us need some sort of points, to come out and race. I have always figured that if someone built a track close enough for me to race at I would be there every week (unless family or work takes me away ) just to support the track. All tracks need income to stay open and I figure if someone is investing in my hobby I will support them every chance I get. Now I do understand that the traveling series need them to draw. But does the local track need them to draw the local's out?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I only race for the points because they are there. If NO points I would race anyway...
I try to race every week. summer 1/4 scale or winter 1/10 scale.

I missed like 2 times because wife was very ill and the other 2 or 3 were because I was out of cash. other wise I was there.

I hope to be in the top 10 in points for my first year BUT if I am NOT so what. I had a GREAT time and lots of FUN.

I have been racing R/C for many years, I know I may not win but I still try and look forward for the next race.

Chuck #3

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
I race pretty much every Sat. points or not, but I feel points are something to shoot for A "goal" so to speak. I like points racing.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All good answers...... I have always raced because I enjoy it and yes for the fun of it. Years ago when I helped operate a 10th scale track I noticed towards the end of the Points season less and less people showed. It seemed that once they realized they were out of the points race that attendance dropped. ( heck 90% of the time I am out of the points race before the first race LOL)
Yes points are an added bonus I guess.

·
Registered
290 Posts
points don't matter

I race every weekend possible,just like the name says raceforfun,only reason i don't race is family or work,used 4 vacation days this year so I could race.
POINTS I DON'T NEED NO STINKING POINTS. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL QUARTERSCALE TRACK!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Points is motivation for some its like this we don't draw a check to do this most only want to be king of the board which is bragging rights and a bowling trophy but it does keep attendance up so its a good thing just racing period costs so if you come up with a track championship most tracks will have there regular racers there every time they run

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
And I live 200 miles from my track and made the 16 races in 07 to be the champion but have since backed off due to other interest of NCS events and family and cost

·
Registered
352 Posts
I don't need points. I've been on a track 3 times this year, none of them for points. I don't have time for points, with all my travels. LOL :wave:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I like racing for points. not everytime though. I approach the race slightly different during a points day then during a none points day. if it was an attendance award then every week would be for points. thats why its spaced out so you can plan some activities around them when possible. work ruined that for me. but was happy to go after being layed off for 4 months. Points isn't there to get guys to show up. they show up because they want to race. its nice to have something else to race for besides just to win that week. gives the other places more value that day then a regular day.
sometimes it makes people drive better as well. because perhaps someone will take a second or third because thats the car they have that day instead of making a stupid move at the end or over driving their car all day and breaking their car and someone elses just to get bragging rights of a win that day when they didn't have to car to do it. It gives some a reason to finish the race also when they know they didn't bring their A game that week instead of just pulling off because they can't win. Its just gives double meaning to race and its fun for some to simulate a series like the full size cars. and at the end of the season you crown a champ. its just for fun it means little. If you don't care about points then it doesn't change your race day and why even worry about it? Just be aware that the format can't change that day when its points day just because you don't care or race for points.

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
I haven't point raced since is several years. Like posted above, I race for fun and to support the track. I do my part for the track when i can't be there too!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I do not like points racing. It simple brings out the worst in certain racers and they will kill to win. They do not have any fun--just win at all costs.

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Points is a little more of relaxed racing for most of the year and the heat gets turned up at the last few I have seen the worst driving to get a 2 dollar bowling trophy or a 100 dollar payout

1 - 17 of 17 Posts